First computer game...

adz

ಠ_ಠ
Reaction score
What was the first computer game you ever played?

Pretty sure mine was Dragon World on the Apple II/E.

Might have been Tanks on the original Atari!

Mine was Nebulus on the A500. I still love it today (and have never got past level 3).

Saracen on the Spectrum.

I can't even begin to remember how many hours I wasted on that game. At one stage it became a competition between myself and my mum over who could get to the highest level.

A battle I'm not ashamed to say that I lost, by quite a margin in fact :)

I have no idea what the first one I played was. The first one I bought and played on the Amiga -- the one that sold me on the computer -- was "F/A-18 Interceptor" (or paraphrased, I forget exactly).

I am pretty sure mine was Aztec on an Apple II.

I have no idea what the first one I played was. The first one I bought and played on the Amiga -- the one that sold me on the computer -- was "F/A-18 Interceptor" (or paraphrased, I forget exactly).
I think I may still have the disks around somewhere

I'm pretty sure my first proper computer game was Ghostbusters on the C64... as an early sign of what a tragic Commodore/Amiga fanboy I would one day become I actually bought the game before I had the C64...
(Now I'm thinking it was Pitfall I bought before I had the C64... geez... old age and failing memory sucks :confused:)

First computer game? Really not sure. Probably something in an arcade - I think one with a motorbike that you had to jump over barrels. That might not have been the first one but it was around the first.

The motorbike would start at the top of the screen and travel from left to right and then enter a "pipe" that was printed on the screen - then travel from right to left across the middle of the screen to another "pipe" and then finally run across the bottom of the screen from left to right again over the barrels.

Back in those days, when there was colour in the game it's because there was coloured plastic stuck over the screen.

First game I played at home was Magnavox tennis (and squash and variants), basically PONG.

First game that was really cool - Space Invaders. Put lots of coin into machines when that came out.

First computer game on a computer I owned? No idea - something I typed out of a magazine on my UK101

First game I ever bought for that computer (only game I bought for it) was a version of Space Invaders on cassette tape. It was pretty sweet.

Somewhere out there I hear there's a simulator too.

*edit*

Aha - Here's the place to find the simulator - then you too can play Super Invaders

I'll have to give this a try when I get back home.

Ya, no idea. Probably some educational game they made me play on an Apple iie. My first computer was an Amiga 500 and I think it came with Marble Madness, which would make it my first computer game I guess.

That motorbike game sounds a bit like Kickstart but the timeline isn't quite right. I think Kickstart was good few years later than monochrome arcade games.

I can't remember what I played first but I spent piles of pocket money on Defender and Scramble.

Mine was either Asteroids or Missile Command. Either way, it was great on an Atari 800! :)

Regards,
Ltstanfo

Paratrooper, Sopwith or PC-Man on the pc I think..
My dad got this new fancy PC with VGA colours (before that the computer my dad had was custom built)
VGA and EGA games were nice, but I preferred monochrome when it came to CGA games...

The first computer game I ever played was likely Space War. One had a triangle spaceship and someone else had a Enterprise looking spaceship and you tried to shoot each other down. It was likely at an eatery where they had all those pinball games in the mid-70s.

I thought the question was computer game as in home computer? If arcade games and consoles count, Pong was easily the first one. I remember playing Atari Pong when I was barely out of diapers.

IIRC it was probably the original space invaders arcade machine.
A friend had an Atari 2600 and I remember playing a bunch of different games on it.

Weirdly enough I recently got myself 2 Atari 2600s and a whole stack of games. On eBay you can get an entire machine with games for less than the price of just one modern game.

I think my first game might have been Space War at the pinball room of the local pizza place.

Mum and Dad had an old Hanimex 666s which I found buried in a wardrobe one day, never knew they had it until then, fired it up and she worked, wonder what that'd be worth now? Eitherway, my first real gaming experience was probably Ghostbusters on the C64, anything I'd done on the Apple prior to that was of an educational nature.

Back