First computer game...

If we're differentiating between "computer game" and "arcade game", then I'd say ... hm. Oh! There was this time-bomb game on the Timex Sinclair (which my uncle built from a kit you could order).

If we mean "game that was controlled by a computer" (which would include arcade games) then it would be Exidy's Star Fire at a mall arcade when I was like 8 or 9.

If we're differentiating between "computer game" and "arcade game", then I'd say ... hm. Oh! There was this time-bomb game on the Timex Sinclair (which my uncle built from a kit you could order).

If we mean "game that was controlled by a computer" (which would include arcade games) then it would be Exidy's Star Fire at a mall arcade when I was like 8 or 9.

Hey b00tdisk! Welcome to Whyzzat!

Atari 2600 (or VCS as it probably still was called). Combat, Enduro, Space Invaders, Centipede, Adventure, Starmaster. Either one of those games could have been my first played videogame. How I loved Starmaster, brilliant game that. I must've been younger than 5 I guess (i.e. <1985).

@adz Hi! The first Video Game I played was Space Invaders prolly way back in '79 and First Computer Game Console I played was on the first Atari 2600 I think it was Air Raiders. On a Personal Computer Apple ][, snakes.

Oh boy.... I have no idea on this one. Does Pinball count? My uncle rebuilt pinball machines, and had some early ones I know I played as a very young kid. Later, he got one of the very early release versions of the Bally (Midway) Astrocade. So it's possible that the built-in Checkmate or Gunfight was my first true video game, if it wasn't something in the arcade before that.

Back