Fake News

The President Is About To Get CNN Legally Designated As Fake News

In a demand letter sent to CNN on Wednesday, an attorney working for the president outlined his intention to sue CNN for its willful misrepresentation of itself. For years, CNN has told viewers, advertisers, and sources that it is an unbiased, straight news outfit. That’s a lie, and the president’s lawyers believe it actually violates the federal Lanham Act’s prohibitions on false and misleading advertising.

CNN routinely gets caught red-handed in one of its many bald-faced lies, its“journalism’” is often so obviously anti-Trump that it can’t be denied, and its “straight news” anchors consistently veer so clearly into the realm of opinion — always anti-Trump — but there has never been much recourse for the president aside from reminding the public of CNN’s blatant partisanship with the “fake news” label.

As obvious as the network’s bias is to any fair-minded observer, there was never any concrete legal evidence that CNN was actively lying to its viewers by presenting itself as a real news network when, in reality, its primary purpose has been to attack the president, and work surreptitiously with his Democratic opposition to undermine his presidency.

That’s no longer the case, however, thanks to new evidence from James O’Keefe’s Project Veritas, collected in a months-long undercover investigation. Now the whole world can see exactly how CNN executives are deliberately constructing the warped version of reality their network presents as “objective fact” every single day.

CNN staffers were caught on tape admitting that their network “is totally left-leaning” while pretending that’s not the case. The employees say it’s an unwritten rule that conservatives and even centrists are not welcome at CNN, that they are well aware of how biased anchors such as Don Lemon are, and that CNN President Jeffery Zucker has a “personal vendetta” against the president of the United States.

Most damning of all, though, are their repeated claims that it’s their job to constantly pretend that all of the above is not true. They have to act as though the Democratic talking points and wild speculation they put on screen is straight, unbiased reporting.

The Project Veritas videos prove that CNN’s executives are well aware that their outlet’s partisan agenda is directly at odds with the image they sell to advertisers and the general public, and have gone to great lengths to conceal their deception. Armed with direct evidence of that, Trump is going to ask the courts to legally declare CNN fake news.

There is precedent for this type of action against a purported news outlet. In 1993, for example, actor Clint Eastwood took The National Enquirer to court for falsely claiming to have an “exclusive interview” he never gave. Eastwood won, and the Lanham Act was a central basis of that outcome.

Exclusive — Fake News Echo Chamber: New York Times Prints Lies by Adam Schiff Witness Made in Secret Testimony

A source close to House GOP leadership told Breitbart News that Patel’s meetings with the president were focused on domestic national security matters, and that Ukraine did not come up at all.

That source said of the Times story:

This story is complete nonsense. The meeting was arranged at the suggestion of multiple GOP congressmen and senators to discuss domestic national security issues that Kash has specific knowledge and unique expertise in. This meeting had absolutely nothing to do with Ukraine.

A second well-placed source familiar with Patel’s interactions with the president told Breitbart News that the Times story that relies on Hill’s testimony—leaked by Democrats—is “100 percent false.”

“The New York Times story is 100 percent false,” this source familiar with Patel’s interactions with Trump told Breitbart News. “Kash did not discuss Ukraine with Trump in any meeting, nor did he discuss any Ukraine-related documents with him. The Democrats involved in the impeachment interviews were obviously tipped off that Fiona Hill would invent some story like this if asked about Kash, and that’s why they brought up his name to her, then they leaked the exchange to their lackeys at the Times.”

EH0snLIW4AAxau4.jpg

Halloween section at walmart

Twitter blue check marks are OFFENDED!

How do you know if the Liberal Media is lying? Check if their lips are moving.

Covingtongate Lawsuit Goes Forward, and Why Media Bros Should Be Concerned

The lawsuit by Nick Sandmann against the Washington Post for its dishonest coverage falsely accusing a 15 year old boy of harassing a Vietnam veteran Nathan Philips (discovered to be “stolen valor”) will go forward, a judge had rules. This is a huge deal because it shows the trend of defamation law is moving in favor of those wrongfully accused by the media.

The gist of the story vs. the specific assertions.

In defamation law, courts usually look to the overall “gist” or “feel” of a story to determine whether it is defamatory. In lawyer terms, this is known as the substantial-truth doctrine. This is a high hurdle for most plaintiffs to jump.

Also complicating lawsuits by victims of the press is that opinions are protected speech under the First Amendment. You can only sue for false statements of fact. The fact-opinion distinction is confusing even to lawyers, and it’s also a bit disingenuous for newspapers to claim that they can’t be sued for their news articles because the reporters were only sharing opinions.

The gist of the Washington Post’s coverage was awful. The gist was that a 15 year old boy attacked a poor helpless Vietnam Veteran. Zero fact-checking was done. And it was later revealed that Nathan Phillips was stolen valor. He never served in the Vietnam war despite claiming he had:

Here’s the full quote, taken from a video of Phillips posted to the Native Youth Alliance Facebook page (9:45 mark): “I’m a Vietnam vet, you know,” Phillips said. “I served in the Marine Corps from ’72 to ’76. I got discharged May 5, 1976. I got honorable discharge and one of the boxes in there shows if you were peacetime or… what my box says that I was in theater. I don’t talk much about my Vietnam times. I usually say ‘I don’t recollect. I don’t recall,’ you know, those years.”

Phillips also ran up to the children to harass and taunt them. Phillips was clearly in the wrong, but the media held him out as a war hero in their effort to ruin the lives of innocent boys.

To this day, Snopes falsely claiming Phillips did not hold himself out as a Vietnam veteran, despite there being video evidence of Phillips himself claiming to have served in Vietnam.

Covingtongate Lawsuit Goes Forward, and Why Media Bros Should Be Concerned

After Spending 18 Minutes Trashing Nick Sandmann, CNN Forced to Settle Massive Slander Lawsuit

According to Cincinnati, Ohio-area Fox affiliate WXIX-19, CNN reached a settlement Tuesday with Covington Catholic High School student Nicholas Sandmann for an undisclosed amount in federal court.

The news brings to an end a dispute nearly a year after CNN decided to falsely tar and feather Sandmann and his fellow students as racist rascals following a January 18, 2019 confrontation with the less-than-truthful Native American activist Nathan Phillips on the National Mall.

Fox 19 said that “[t]he amount of the settlement was not made public” and was a piece of a $800 million suit Sandmann brought against “CNN, the Washington Post and NBC Universal.”

The piece noted the settlement would not affect Sandmann’s legal actions against the other two outlets.

Back