Elon Musk watch (was Elon Muskrat watch)

I have to confess to enjoying this thread on fake blue tick brands but I've a feeling the advertisers might be a wee bit uppity about this kind of thing. Especially Chiquita Bananas. :banana:
Gotta admire the old lefty culture jamming. This should be technically solvable though but ultimately any solution that doesn't reduce advertiser power (or get rid of advertisers) is not going to result in a free speech platform. Advertiser control is a primary problem with social and traditional media these days.

any solution that doesn't reduce advertiser power (or get rid of advertisers) is not going to result in a free speech platform.
Indeed. There was never anyway I could see for Musk to achieve his twin goals of free speech and profitability. How someone like him managed to miss that is a little perplexing, without invoking the "powerful dude surrounded by sycophantic yes-men" clause.

I have to confess to enjoying this thread on fake blue tick brands but I've a feeling the advertisers might be a wee bit uppity about this kind of thing. Especially Chiquita Bananas. :banana:
the entire thread is genius.

in fact, THAT is the entire point of Twitter. That sense of humor. It's the main reason I read that stupid site.

Sure, I like the useful info from science accounts and all that, but for shear crazy humor, it's unmatched because scores of people can add to one silly idea and it snowballs into brilliance.

musk thinks he understands humor....he doesn't . it went right over his pointed head

yes, there are methods for dealing with "bots" and misinformation, but making dumb-ass rules isn't it.

I hope you can get this video because this guy really understands what to do with Twitter. At least it's way more intelligent than the musk method

I missed this one:
FhVNLRuX0AEHWIc

Your own app telling you to stop talking pish must be at least mildly irritating.
muskpish.jpeg

"DELETE TWEET" @FluffyMcDeath this reminded me of you saying you were asked to delete an innocuous Tweet.
The algorithm and reporting system remain garbage. The most egregious part of the system, though, is the bit where you can appeal, it probably doesn't get seen by a human (and if it does then it will likely get seen by a human who has been trained to see everything as racist,sexist,homo & transphobic all at once) and then you must delete the tweet to regain access BUT the act of deleting the tweet means that you are admitting that your tweet broke the rules (that is explicitly stated by twitter right before the delete button) so if you feel you have been falsely flagged or your tweet has been misconstrued and that you have not actually violated the terms you must, in effect, sign a false confession to get back on. If this fellow is still tweeting then know that he has admitted that his tweet broke the terms of service.

he has admitted that his tweet broke the terms of service.
Whether he actually believes it or not, yes, he's effectively admitted that in order to post. As could you if your circumstances were such that your desire to use the platform outweighed your distaste for such an "admission of guilt". Mileage here will vary depending on the person and context. From the Twitter perspective I suppose it was implemented as a controlling mechanism of sorts, and I can sort of see the logic in it, up to a point. OTOH, I doubt it's particularly effective at influencing behaviour. Some people don't care enough about Twitter to cave in to such coercion, as appears to be your position. Of those that do cave in and delete the Tweet, how many actually agree with the charge? And how many actually change their behaviour in ways Twitter wants, whatever those ways may be?

Musk ran a poll about reinstating Trump, which Trump encouraged his Truth followers to vote in. Musk then trumpeted Trump's return* to Twitter, only for Trump to patch him.

*completely contradicting himself, of course:
FgLVl7eVEAI2CWy.png

Last edited:
Back