Elon Musk watch (was Elon Muskrat watch)

I can only guess that he somehow thinks Biden was in charge instead of Trump. The silly billionaire seems as befuddled as the old man he seeks to mock.

Meanwhile Twitter seems to be heading slowly but inexorably towards 4-chan with a subscription option.
1670842321486.png

Q-anon slogan time again.
Fj0jSwSWAAAmYtc

He's contradicted himself yet again. He first shadow banned the account he refers to below a couple of weeks ago (again, soon after making a big noise about how evil shadow banning was) and has now suspended it.
He also -edit- allegedly -edit- banned at least one account for posting a clip of him being booed on stage but the Streisand effect kicked in and he appears to have given up banning other accounts posting it for now.
It turns out his ludicrous "commitment to free speech" was never anything more than, at best, a completely bogus idea he hadn't thought through properly or, more likely, a complete lie he spouted mainly because he thought his growing army of right-wing fan-bois would like it.

What a car crash this is turning into and what an arsehole Musk is projecting himself as. Depressingly but unsurprisingly, given the Trump experience, however plain he makes it that you can't believe a word of his absurd hypocrisy, contradictions and lies, his worshipper count seems to increase in direct proportion.
This is why we can't have nice things.

Last edited:
I cam e here to post on this topic.

so far elon says:

and people in that thread are pointing out suing someone for public info won't go far in court

article

He's contradicted himself yet again. He first shadow banned the account he refers to below a couple of weeks ago (again, soon after making a big noise about how evil shadow banning was) and has now suspended it.
He also banned at least one account for posting a clip of him being booed on stage but the Streisand effect kicked in and he appears to have given up banning other accounts posting it for now.
It turns out his ludicrous "commitment to free speech" was never anything more than, at best, a completely bogus idea he hadn't thought through properly or, more likely, a complete lie he spouted mainly because he thought his growing army of right-wing fan-bois would like it.

What a car crash this is turning into and what an arsehole Musk is projecting himself as. Depressingly but unsurprisingly, given the Trump experience, however plain he makes it that you can't believe a word of his absurd hypocrisy, contradictions and lies, his worshipper count seems to increase in direct proportion.
This is why we can't have nice things.

Unproven. So maybe he did, or maybe he didn't ban this one user. I stand corrected and thank you for bringing it to my attention. Fortunately it has little bearing on the main point of my post; Musk is either lying about his "commitment to free speech" or is hopelessly, ludicrously and pathetically ignorant about what it actually means.

-edit-
Snopes should soon update that "unproven" to "false". The account has re-appeared and the user explains he wasn't banned but removed himself, apparently due to a "wave of pro-Musk fanboys".

As an aside, it's nice to see a Snopes link on here that isn't discredited for 'liberal bias', regardless of whether the link is accurate.

Last edited:
LOLOL

LOLOL

Good old Onion. This part resonated most strongly for the last fortnight or so:
I spend two hours scrolling through Reddit for the perfect week-old conservative meme to post, and all the thanks I get for my dedication to the lulz is a bunch of nobodies attacking me.

He's apparently now going to sue the person behind the "elonjet" account. :banana:
I find the 'logic' (such as it is) curious. Publicly available information apparently becomes life-threateningly dangerous if shared on Twitter (well, it does this week but didn't last week and who knows what he'll assert next week?). That could imply that the very existence of Twitter is life-threateningly dangerous. Interesting approach and perhaps another pointer he's deliberately running it into the ground.
It's also somewhat absurd if he really means what he says for once and "any account doxxing real-time location info of anyone will be suspended."
Posting "Lionel Messi is currently playing football in the Stade de France" breaches the new rule and will see your account suspended.
As per, there's also a whiff of hypocrisy, given the allegations of Musk doxxing former employees by publishing the so-called "Twitter files."

He's apparently now going to sue the person behind the "elonjet" account. :banana:
I find the 'logic' (such as it is) curious. Publicly available information apparently becomes life-threateningly dangerous if shared on Twitter (well, it does this week but didn't last week and who knows what he'll assert next week?). That could imply that the very existence of Twitter is life-threateningly dangerous. Interesting approach and perhaps another pointer he's deliberately running it into the ground.
It's also somewhat absurd if he really means what he says for once and "any account doxxing real-time location info of anyone will be suspended."
Posting "Lionel Messi is currently playing football in the Stade de France" breaches the new rule and will see your account suspended.
As per, there's also a whiff of hypocrisy, given the allegations of Musk doxxing former employees by publishing the so-called "Twitter files."
What counts as publicly available? "Lionel Messi is currently playing football in the Stade de France" would presumably be public information. Would "Lionel Messi is currently staying in Hotel X in room number Y" also be publicly available based on the fact that some member of the public knows it and the information can be compiled from a number of public clues?

What counts as publicly available? "Lionel Messi is currently playing football in the Stade de France" would presumably be public information. Would "Lionel Messi is currently staying in Hotel X in room number Y" also be publicly available...
Who's talking about hotels and room numbers? It's flight trackers he banned, after specifically stating he wouldn't and now he's just announced he's unbanning them again - another 180. Or I suppose it's a 360 now. That's becoming an increasing issue for those seeking to defend Musk's position on any given topic lately; he'll be contradicting you himself before you're finished defending him.

Who's talking about hotels and room numbers? It's flight trackers he banned, after specifically stating he wouldn't and now he's just announced he's unbanning them again - another 180. Or I suppose it's a 360 now. That's becoming an increasing issue for those seeking to defend Musk's position on any given topic lately; he'll be contradicting you himself before you're finished defending him.
How much have you looked into what's going on and how much are you just running on the rumour mill? What is free speech? Classically it is the right to state your opinion (political, religious, philosophical or whatever) without consequence. It has never actually been the right to incite or direct others to endanger or harm other people or encourage others to do so (which is where a lot of the gray happens).

What about the location of Elon's plane is public information?

Well, indeed. That appears to be one of the main issues Elon Musk is very publicly struggling to come to terms with.
If a lot of people wanted to do you some harm and I ran a twitter channel telling people where to find you in real time - that is not me just stating my opinion. That is not free speech and twitter already viewed that as doxxing before Musk.

Back