Dim-witted Democrats

Fade

Reaction score
Are just now finding out about Superdelegates, and the UnDemocratic Democratic Primary.

the UnDemocratic Democratic Primary

Hehehe - indeed.
I've always thought it a reasonable rule of thumb that any party or state with the word Democratic in its official title, generally isn't particularly democratic.

Are just now finding out about Superdelegates, and the UnDemocratic Democratic Primary.
I too find the concept of super delegates ridiculous. That said, the Republicans do have "unpledged delegates" that play a similar role. Some states do bind their "unpledged delegates" to the winner of the primary or caucus, but most do not. So, I assume you must find Republicans to be "dim-witted" as well.

JoBBo said
I assume you must find Republicans to be "dim-witted" as well.

Not so much. As most Republicans are smart enough to understand a Republican ballot and the difference between an unpledged delegate (at large), and a pledged delegate (district delegate). Unlike the dim-witted Democrat in Fluffy's video above, who thinks that the Democrat ballot is better because it only gives voters a chance to vote for an unpledged delegate, and no chance to vote for a pledged delegate, the Republican ballot also gives you the choice to vote for a pledged delegate.

Most dim-witted Democrats don't understand the concept of freedom of choice.

JoBBo said
I assume you must find Republicans to be "dim-witted" as well.

Not so much. As most Republicans are smart enough to understand a Republican ballot and the difference between an unpledged delegate (at large), and a pledged delegate (district delegate).
You may want to watch the follow-up video:

Unlike the dim-witted Democrat in Fluffy's video above
Voicing any criticism about a state branch of the Republican party does not make you a Democract.

who thinks that the Democrat ballot is better because it only gives voters a chance to vote for an unpledged delegate, and no chance to vote for a pledged delegate, the Republican ballot also gives you the choice to vote for a pledged delegate. Most dim-witted Democrats don't understand the concept of freedom of choice.
Again, please watch the follow-up video. The problem is that only votes for the unpledged delegate will be counted because the Ohio Republican party switched to a "winner takes all" scheme but failed to adequately update the forms.

Each state sets their own rules on what is allowed in an election, not the political parties. Apparently Ohio allows the parties to select either proportional or winner take all, shown by the Democrats using proportional, and the Republicans changing to winner take all. (Probably, trying to block Trump from getting any delegates.)

Republicans in Ohio have screwed up their primary ballot by not informing voters of the change, and not changing the ballot to reflect the change.

The problem, as I see it, is the mandatory use of un-pledged delegates (at large). Here is an example: Last week Sanders won the popular vote in Michigan by a few thousand votes. If it had been winner take all, he would have got all the delegates. If it had been proportional, using pledged delegates, he would have got more delegates than Clinton. But guess who got more delegates? Clinton got more delegates! How did that happen? Can you figure it out?
Here is a clue. It didn't have anything to do with Super-Delegates, as they don't have a say until the convention.

Without the option to vote for a pledged delegate, the winner can lose!
Now do you see?

Well, what do you know, the Democrats saw the error in their ways, and have now given Sanders his proper delegate numbers.

Back