Death by cop

This guy isn't dead at the moment, just paralyzed. Check what the cop says on the radio after looking in the vehicle.

"Refusing to get out of the car."

Yes, because when he tried to get out of the car you shot him, you horrible cunt.
They really are a law unto themselves.

Paris_Tuileries_Garden_Facepalm_statue.jpg

Another tragic case:
"They're killing me right now... I can't breathe."

Those are among the final words of an Oakland, California man shouting to his sister as Oakland Police Department officers pinned him to the ground—a knee on his back—moments before he died. Hernan Jaramillo screamed those words over and again, according to grainy body cam footage from the 2013 incident that sparked a civil rights lawsuit (PDF) the city is now settling (PDF) for $450,000 (£315,000).

"Sir, we're not killing you," one of the handful of officers on the scene is overheard saying calmly. Minutes later, the 51-year-old man is dead. The footage has been sealed under a protective order, but the Contra Costa Times managed to get a hold of it and published it Tuesday.

The settlement comes as a Florida cop was indicted Wednesday for allegedly beating a suspect, a scene that was captured on video, and seven months after the New York Police Department settled for $5.9 million (£4.1 million) a similar yet high-profile wrongful death case, captured on film, of a man being arrested for selling single cigarettes and yelling, "I can't breathe, I can't breathe" as officers held him in a chokehold.

http://arstechnica.co.uk/tech-polic...nal-words-begging-the-cops-to-get-off-of-him/

I doubt it, unless the advice is this:
Disarm the public then disarm yourselves. (Not that the police have any say in such matters anyway)
Scottish police generally do not carry guns but I've a feeling there'd be a lot more death by cop in Scotland if they did.

Last year, American police killed between 1,200 and 1,300 people, depending on which database one looks at

Ooft!

“The American style of policing, it’s very authoritative,” Scots police Sgt Jim Young told Sky News. “There’s a difference of going in, straight up at this level, whereby you’re ordering people, you’re shouting at them. You can’t go anywhere after that. But if you start down low you can adjust your communications to suit.”

Yup. That, right there, is a huge part of the problem. Couple that with a lot of laws (particularly involving drugs) on the books that people just don't endorse or support, and it greatly erodes the relationship people have with the law enforcement in their communities.

It's the difference between the officer responding to the next incident being viewed as Joe who lives 2 blocks down and gently broke up that fight last week at the party, and that f---ing a--hole Joe who cuffed 3 people at the party, and ruined your cousin's life for having a small bag of weed on him.

"Sick to death", or perhaps "Dying for a drink". "Pay up or die"?
Whatever, but it's not always bullets they kill you with.

The video was filmed by Abdullah Muflahi, the owner of the convenience store Sterling was reportedly selling CDs outside of before police were called.

“I was just in shock,” said Muflahi, who is from Yemen and has owned the store since 2010. “They shot him three times, and rolled off of him. Then they shot him three more times.

“That’s his gun they are taking out of his pocket.

“As soon as I finished the video, I put my phone in my pocket. I knew they would take it from me, if they knew I had it. They took my security camera videos. They told me they had a warrant, but didn’t show me one. So I kept this video for myself. Otherwise, what proof do I have?”

Now we get the revenge murders.
What a clusterfuck.

Facebook ‘glitch’ that deleted the Philando Castile shooting vid: It was the police – sources

The deadly shooting of 32-year-old Philando Castile by a cop during a routine traffic stop in Minnesota on Wednesday just got murkier.

Multiple sources have told The Register that police removed video footage of Castile's death from Facebook, potentially tampering with evidence.

Castile, his girlfriend Diamond Reynolds, and her four-year-old daughter were pulled over by police in the Falcon Heights suburb of Minneapolis for a broken tail light. Using her cellphone and Facebook Live, Reynolds web-streamed footage of her dying boyfriend after he was shot by a police officer as he reached for his ID in his wallet. The video was mysteriously removed from her Facebook profile as it went viral across the internet.

On Thursday, Facebook said a “technical glitch" caused the recording to be pulled from its social network. However, Reynolds claimed officers seized her phone and took over her Facebook account to delete the evidence.

Multiple sources with knowledge of the event have tonight confirmed to The Register that someone – highly suspected to be the city's police – used her phone to remove her recording from public view shortly after the shooting.

as soon as a video like that is put online, someone downloads it

the INternet Remembers Everything

Back