Bizarro News

A woman taken into custody after driving her car into a White House barricade claims President Trump is her fiancée.

JessicaFordWhiteHouseBarrier_1519429437358_5000164_ver1.0_640_360.jpg

In court, she then said she was going to visit her fiancée, President Trump.

On Friday, police said Ford had a gun, which turned out to be a BB gun.

Last year, Ford tried scaling a fence and jumping over security gates at the White House.
What is it with women in 4x4s?

Pennsylvania Church to Bless Couples Toting AR-15 Rifles

A Pennsylvania-based offshoot of the Unification Church is encouraging couples to bring their AR-15 rifles with them to a commitment ceremony in the Pocono Mountains, a half-mile from an elementary school.

World Peace and Unification Sanctuary in Newfoundland said it planned the Feb. 28 ceremony months ago, well before last week's massacre at a Florida high school. Authorities say the alleged gunman used an AR-15 in the attack that killed 17.

Tim Elder, the Unification Sanctuary's director of world missions, said Tuesday the church believes the AR-15 symbolizes the "rod of iron" mentioned in the Bible's apocalyptic book of Revelation.

The church website directs couples to show up to the ceremony with an AR-15 "or equivalents such as an AK semiautomatic rifle, representing both the intent and the ability to defend one's family, community ... "

The church is down the road from Wallenpaupack South Elementary School, and some parents expressed alarm at the planned ceremony.

Doctors shocked by 3.5-inch air bubble where part of man’s brain should be
The man was generally well and declined surgery to release the air, citing risks.

An 84-year-old man in Ireland stunned doctors when scans revealed that he seemed to be missing a large chunk of his brain. Instead of brain tissue, the doctors found a 9cm (~3.5 inch) pressurized pocket of air where much of his right frontal lobe ought to be. The doctors reported the discovery recently in BMJ Case Reports.

The empty head space was particularly surprising because the man arrived in the emergency department with afflictions otherwise common for his age. He had been complaining to his regular doctor about repeated falls and feeling unsteady in recent months. When the man added left-sided arm and leg weakness to the list of complaints, his doctor advised him to go to the emergency room, fearing a possible stroke.

UK: Why lots of people are ditching toilet paper in favour of a 'family cloth'

They are small squares of cloth which are used in exactly the same way as loo roll, except when you're done they go in a basket in the bathroom rather than down the toilet.

They're then washed and used over and over again.

Lots of people? Strikes me as unlikely; who wants a basket of shite-smeared rags stinking the bathroom out?
I see the Mirror has an alleged quote from one crackpot person to back up their claim.

Think I'll stick with the Andrex.

Lots of people? Strikes me as unlikely; who wants a basket of shite-smeared rags stinking the bathroom out?
I see the Mirror has an alleged quote from one crackpot person to back up their claim.

Think I'll stick with the Andrex.

I have my reservations that it is really any more environmentally friendly than toilet paper anyhow. Most TP includs a high percentage of post-consumer paper (aka recycled). The paper is in at least it's second life cycle by the time it gets flushed.

OTOH you have rags that while reused, have to be washed repeated. You have the electric and water impact of running the washer. You have the detergents used which end up going into the environment. Likely in most cases you also have drying in an electric dryer, which is the #1 energy hog in a modern home. Without crunching the numbers, I'd bet the "carbon footprint" alone on using sh*t-rags is higher than TP. Besides, who wants to constantly introduce poop into your washer?

That said, I can see a value to people using a cloth diaper service though admittedly it costs a premium and is a pain. That's a conversation for another day though.

THE woman caught on camera performing oral sex on a man while riding a NSW train told police she did it because “it was her birthday” and it was something “she’d always wanted to do”.

The man, Shane Brennan, was convicted of behaving in an offensive manner in a public place and wilful and obscene exposure, after pleading guilty. He received a “bollocking” from a magistrate, was fined $700 and given a 12-month good behaviour bond.

Brennan, said that he’s in “big trouble” with his girlfriend since the story made national news. The mother of his three children was “not happy” following the news of his sexual encounter. “I’m in strife,” he told the publication, adding that he had been on the receiving end of a “few choice words”.

The woman, Chantelle Gordon, failed to appear in court. her birthday is January 5th. The incident took place on December 14th .

... convicted of behaving in an offensive manner in a public place and wilful and obscene exposure, after pleading guilty. He received a “bollocking” from a magistrate...

Not much of a deterrent.

Back