Another mass shooting

I would argue that labeling schools as "soft targets" is victim blaming.

I would argue that ignoring reality doesn't change reality. Besides, they didn't chose to be soft targets. People in government buildings behind layers of armed security made that decision for them.

I would argue that ignoring reality doesn't change reality. Besides, they didn't chose to be soft targets.

And exactly what is this reality you speak of? What does it say about a society where you need to arm and armour a place where children congregate to learn?

And exactly what is this reality you speak of? What does it say about a society where you need to arm and armour a place where children congregate to learn?

It says that the American public school system run by the teachers union, which donates to Democrat Party at a rate of 93%, have completely failed the children. The far left's playbook have created the culture that makes bullied children want to shoot up their school, and those schools that have been stripped of all security.

Create the monsters, and then make sure those monsters have no obstacles in carrying out their killing sprees.

It says that the American public school system run by the teachers union, which donates to Democrat Party at a rate of 93%, have completely failed the children. The far left's playbook have created the culture that makes bullied children want to shoot up their school, and those schools that have been stripped of all security.

Create the monsters, and then make sure those monsters have no obstacles in carrying out their killing sprees.

Children are dying in your schools and that is the best you can come up with?

I would argue that labeling schools as "soft targets" is victim blaming.
I don't really see how it could be. Would you like to make that argument and we can see ow it goes?

I don't really see how it could be. Would you like to make that argument and we can see ow it goes?

Hmmm...

"Victim blaming occurs when the victim of a crime or any wrongful act is held entirely or partially at fault for the harm that befell them."

By that definition alone, labeling schools as soft targets is certainly putting some of the blame back on the victim(s). In this context, if the school was armed and armoured and a mass shooting with fatalities still occured, it was no longer a soft target that was impacted and therefore absolved of all blame. Yet here we are, a mass shooting with fatalities has actually occured in a place that is not armed or armoured and the consensus is, but what if it wasn't a soft target? I dare say that the statement is more directed at the higher bodies who have forbidden firearms on school premises, but the sentence still pushes the blame back at the schools themselves. You shouldn't need to arm a school.

Hmmm...

"Victim blaming occurs when the victim of a crime or any wrongful act is held entirely or partially at fault for the harm that befell them."

[...]I dare say that the statement is more directed at the higher bodies who have forbidden firearms on school premises, but the sentence still pushes the blame back at the schools themselves. You shouldn't need to arm a school.

The schools are not the victims, nor are the governing bodies. The students are the victims. They have no say over how security will be run and they are not blamed in any way by the statement that the school was a soft target. The administration and the politicians are hiding behind the students when they pretend that it is the victims that are being blamed. It is not. It is the various levels of administration that are being blamed whether or not you agree with the "blame" being cast.

Those that are being "blamed" are deflecting when they try to pretend that it is the victims that are being blamed. They are playing a victim card which does not belong to them.

The schools are not the victims, nor are the governing bodies. The students are the victims.

Perhaps "victim blaming" isn't semantically correct but I think the point Adz is making is valid.
A better analogy might be blaming the parents of a rape victim for sending her out with a short skirt on.

Perhaps "victim blaming" isn't semantically correct but I think the point Adz is making is valid.
A better analogy might be blaming the parents of a rape victim for sending her out with a short skirt on.

100% wrong. That's like saying a city decided to put a halfway house for rapists released from prison in the same building as a women's shelter and then canceling the security contract. When the inevitable happens you can't try to deflect blame by claiming people are victim blaming the battered women.

The schools are not the victims, nor are the governing bodies. The students are the victims. They have no say over how security will be run and they are not blamed in any way by the statement that the school was a soft target. The administration and the politicians are hiding behind the students when they pretend that it is the victims that are being blamed. It is not. It is the various levels of administration that are being blamed whether or not you agree with the "blame" being cast.

Those that are being "blamed" are deflecting when they try to pretend that it is the victims that are being blamed. They are playing a victim card which does not belong to them.

Maybe I've worked in education too long, but for me, the word school doesn't just represent the institution, it represents every aspect, the staff, students, parents, everyone and everything affiliated, so in that sense, yes, the school is a victim too. No that is not what one would find in the dictionary, but it's what I think of when I hear the word school. Maybe I'm just caught up in the ridiculousness of this and I'm letting emotions cloud my thoughts.

However, now that I've well and truly thrown myself into the affray, let me pose the following questions. Do schools exist to educate children?

If you answer yes to this question, then have a think about this. What kind of message is being conveyed to students if you need to protect them with guns?

I'll refrain from commenting on this point for now. Now let's look at some hypothetical scenarios.

Say you did indeed train all teachers in the use of sidearms and equipped them all with a pistol. You no longer have a soft target right? Okay, let's pretend for a second that someone who is determined to enter a school and kill as many people as they can is actually thinking clearly, they still have a few options. They could simply sneak in, pick a classroom, shoot the teacher first and then have at it with the students until another teacher comes along and drops them. Another option they have is body armour, even the most basic of body armour is sufficient to deflect most pistol calibre ammunition, so again they can have at it until someone lands a lucky headshot. What say they just do away with the whole confrontation thing and pull a Brenda Spencer and set up in a nice remote spot and start pumping rounds into the school yard during a lunch break? Can you see where I am going with this? No matter what you do, you haven't solved the fundamental problem and you still have a lot toe tags, not as many maybe, but children have still died in a place they shouldn't have.

I have an idea, why not put the US Army to good use and deploy a few mechanised platoons at each school, I'm pretty sure that will yield a 100% success rate, and yet, the undelying problem will still exist. I'll give you a hint, it's not them Democrats and it may not even be gun control.

I gave this kid the benefit of a doubt when his first stumbling interview was posted. It turns out that I was the chump after all. This incident was indeed a full fledged false flag, and he is a crisis actor. The FBI knew it was going to happen and have this chump a script. He's not even a good crisis actor, as he's already forgot his script. The golden boy the left says we are not allowed to dispute as he calls for the end of the Constitution, wasn't even at the school.

It’s All A Lie: Now David Hogg Says He Wasn’t Even At Parkland School When Shooting Began (Video)

From CBS:

DAVID HOGG: On the day of the shooting, I got my camera and got on my bike and road as fast as I could three miles from my house to the school to get as much video and to get as many interviews as I could because I knew that this could not be another mass shooting.

Other students, perhaps immediately realizing the problem with what he just said, jumped in immediately to say, “This isn’t about us, this is about the heroes and the movement.”

Those two statements and videos appear in direct contradiction with no resolution that isn’t a lie.

And several questions.

If, in fact, he raced to the school on his bike, how was he able to get into the building past a lockdown?

And he raced to the school not to help anyone, see who was hurt, but to get interviews, knowing it was a mass shooting? Really?

And this is the young man the liberals are saying must be listened to and cannot be questioned?

I gave this kid the benefit of a doubt when his first stumbling interview was posted. It turns out that I was the chump after all. This incident was indeed a full fledged false flag, and he is a crisis actor. The FBI knew it was going to happen and have this chump a script. He's not even a good crisis actor, as he's already forgot his script. The golden boy the left says we are not allowed to dispute as he calls for the end of the Constitution, wasn't even at the school.

It’s All A Lie: Now David Hogg Says He Wasn’t Even At Parkland School When Shooting Began (Video)

From CBS:

DAVID HOGG: On the day of the shooting, I got my camera and got on my bike and road as fast as I could three miles from my house to the school to get as much video and to get as many interviews as I could because I knew that this could not be another mass shooting.

Other students, perhaps immediately realizing the problem with what he just said, jumped in immediately to say, “This isn’t about us, this is about the heroes and the movement.”

Those two statements and videos appear in direct contradiction with no resolution that isn’t a lie.

And several questions.

If, in fact, he raced to the school on his bike, how was he able to get into the building past a lockdown?

And he raced to the school not to help anyone, see who was hurt, but to get interviews, knowing it was a mass shooting? Really?

And this is the young man the liberals are saying must be listened to and cannot be questioned?

Side by side. Crisis Actor.

On June 12, 2016, Omar Mateen, a 29-year-old security guard, killed 49 people and wounded 58 others in a terrorist attack inside Pulse, a gay nightclub in Orlando, Florida

This is today's news reports from the trial of Omar Mateen's wife

Pulse shooter originally planned to target Disney World

Seems that this mass murderer chose a place that was FREE of GUNS? a/k/a "soft target"
Because he was afraid of Disney security guards

Here's how bad Pop Culture has damaged liberal america.

Parkland Shooter Nikolas Cruz Gets Fan Mail

Mass murderer Nikolas Cruz is receiving tons of love letters and fan mail at the Broward County Jail, along with hundreds of dollars in contributions.

Women and men of all ages are writing to the Parkland School shooter filled with words of encouragement, friendship and some are even sending suggestive photos.

This takes the bad boy obsession to a whole new level...

One woman from Chicago enclosed nine suggestive photos - including one in a skimpy bikini while eating a popsicle and a cleavage shot, another girl wrote him a letter saying, "Your eyes are beautiful and the freckles on your face make you so handsome. I'm really skinny and have 34C sized breasts."

Howard Finkelstein, Broward County Public Defender, whose office is representing Cruz, says "In my 40 years as public defender, I've never seen this many letters to a defendant. Everyone now and then gets a few, but nothing like this."

Finkelstein said that he worries "everyday boys and girls are starting to view him in an elevated way, looking up to his fame and notoriety. The letters shake me up because they are written by regular, everyday teenage girls from across the nation. That scares me. It's perverted."

Cruz "is a magnet for women who want to save him," California forensis psychiatrist and author Carole Leiberman said. "He looks like such a sad and lonely figure." She says that these women have low self-esteem and have "become imbued with the killer's power."

Cruz has not seen the mail because he is on suicide watch and is locked in alone in a bare cell.

This is all extremely disturbing...

YouTube shooting: Female suspect 'angry over video postings'
p0637p7p.jpg

The suspect in a gun attack at YouTube's HQ in California had expressed anger over its treatment of her video postings, media reports say.

Police have named Nasim Aghdam, 39, as the suspect but say they are still investigating a motive.

US media say Aghdam was angry that YouTube was filtering her videos and reducing the money she could make.

Tuesday's attack left a man and two women injured with gunshot wounds. The attacker shot herself dead.

Another Democrat.

YouTube Shooter ID’d as Iranian Azeri Vegan Activist Nasim Aghdam

The shooter who took her own life after wounding four YouTube employees at the video hosting website’s San Bruno, California, offices on Tuesday has been identified as Nasim Aghdam in multiple reports, after being described as a “white woman in a headscarf” earlier in the day.

Oh course they did.

Not super surprised at this. The ad-pocolypse and demonitization have been very painful for a large number of ambitious and hard working YouTubers who are trying to work their way up in the ecosystem. The new rules look like a stitchup locking in the big channels and big money and protecting them from new-comers and people that have worked very hard and sunk a lot of time into making modest livings on the channel have been severely impacted. Basically people have put all their eggs into one basket, as you kind of have to do, and have then lost their livelihoods, not because their product is crap, per se, but because the rules and the algorithms have changed.
Not only that, but there seems to be a political slant to monetization as well. There seem to be lots of advertiser "unfriendly" subjects these days including atheism!!
Interesting how she was instantly disappeared from social media after the fact. Of course, the same can happen to living people who say the wrong things.

Back