You might see adverts today

Wayne

Administrator
Reaction score
Good morning guys,

Heads up, you might see some google ads today.

I do NOT plan on running ads on this site, but need a place to play with how the new google schema works before I slap them on my main site (salemspectator.com).

Little surprises around every corner, but nothing dangerous..

Wayne

As long as they're just banners or sidebars, and not page-obscuring floaters I'm not averse to ads on here. Especially if it helps with the cost of the site.

I forgot to actually enable the ad service on google, so you may see random placeholders.

The idea here isn't to serve ads on whyzzat. With about active 10 members, that would be pointless. I just need to use this as a testing ground for the new ad service before I place it on my main site (with hundreds of active users).

Initially when the upgrade was done, I went in without knowing exactly what I was doing and pissed off a lot of users, suddenly showing advertisements everywhere. It was a little overwhelming, so I need to learn how to strike the balance between enough and too much in order to try to get everything (advertising-wise) back where it was before the upgrade.

Once I get it sorted, I'll take the advertisements off of whyzzat.com, unless you guys really like them. :)

Back