Womyn Studies Majors

B6yZgIkCAAE9nv_.jpg

I believe that the artist who created this (as well as many other comics) was doxed and eventually asked to leave their job due to the sh*tstorm that tumblr brewed up for them.

I believe that the artist who created this (as well as many other comics) was doxed and eventually asked to leave their job due to the sh*tstorm that tumblr brewed up for them.
Ironic. What about free speech?

Ironic. What about free speech?

Tumblrinas are a truly special breed. The artist used to quote choice comments made by people and put them in their comics with a link back to the original. This upset them, a lot. So in order to prove that they were not the hate filled bigots that the comics made out, they performed the above actions.

The thing that gets me the most, is that these folk have co-opted the language of fairness and equality and equal rights, but twist these concepts to the degree that /r/stormfrontorsjw is a thing - and sometimes its bloody difficult to tell them apart. Horseshoe theory I believe is the way it's most often described.

As you said, ironic.

Horseshoe theory I believe is the way it's most often described.
Wasn't familiar with that term. I have always tended to think of it as circular like the equator - you got west far enough then you're east. However, it makes even more sense if you put that circle on the political compass which has two axes - with a left/right axis and a libertarian/authoritarian axis.

Wasn't familiar with that term. I have always tended to think of it as circular like the equator - you got west far enough then you're east. However, it makes even more sense if you put that circle on the political compass which has two axes - with a left/right axis and a libertarian/authoritarian axis.

250px-Political_Spectrum2.png

Occupy the syllabus

This call to action was instigated by our experience last semester as students in an upper-division course on classical social theory. The course syllabus employed a standardized canon of theory that began with Plato and Aristotle, then jumped to modern philosophers: Hobbes, Locke, Hegel, Marx, Weber and Foucault, all of whom are white men. The syllabus did not include a single woman or person of color.

These courses pretend that a minuscule fraction of humanity — economically privileged white males from five imperial countries (England, France, Germany, Italy and the United States) — are the only people to produce valid knowledge about the world.

the classroom environment felt so hostile to women, people of color, queer folks and other marginalized subjects that it was difficult for us to focus on the course material. Sometimes, we were so uncomfortable that we had to leave the classroom in the middle of lecture. For example, when lecturing on Marx’s idea of the “natural division of labor between men and women,” the professor attributed some intellectual merit to this idea because men and women are biologically distinct from each other, because women give birth while men do not.

Melodious sounds are a tool of the patriarchy.

more like screaming banshee's

Ok, that was a damn awesome troll.... Every once in a while 4chan really comes through with something great.

With this I think they even topped Free Bleeding (yes, it's exactly what you think it is) in terms of trolling feminists.

Back