Whites are the largest minority

faethor

Reaction score
http://now.msn.com/now/0517-white-birth-minority.aspx

White births are at 49.6% of all births. Making in the first time in the USA that minority births outstrip whites. What is happening is the Great American Melting Pot is working and whites are becoming the largest minority in this nation.

Of course, this may have future political implications as your average Republican voter is a white middle age male or older. The plus is these voters are much more likely to vote. Republicans will need to change to become more encompassing. Democrats will need to encourage voting.

Thus, I see things like Voter ID and other laws becoming increasingly issues in our nation. If Republicans can disuade people by creating burdens to voting it's certainly in their favor to do so. If Democrats can encourage voting by making it as easily as possibley it's certainly in their favor to do so.

the only people that care are the bigots

and voting should be as easy as breathing

Thus, I see things like Voter ID and other laws becoming increasingly issues in our nation. If Republicans can disuade people by creating burdens to voting it's certainly in their favor to do so. If Democrats can encourage voting by making it as easily as possibley it's certainly in their favor to do so.

So it should be easier to commit voter fraud and the GOP should shut up and like it? I keep hearing about this burden thing about Voter ID states, could you tell me exactly what burden this is for my fellow Americans living in Florida with it's Voter ID law?

So it should be easier to commit voter fraud and the GOP should shut up and like it? I keep hearing about this burden thing about Voter ID states, could you tell me exactly what burden this is for my fellow Americans living in Florida with it's Voter ID law?
It has been pointed out that the GOP don't have any difficulty in committing voting fraud. They hire professionals. Your team are no angles and are willing to spend on underhanded vote fraud while pointing the finger at others. Heck, vote fraud is dead easy when you own the machines that count the votes and don't let anyone see the source code. The voting system needs fixing, that's true, but the people who have enough money to fix votes also need fixing.

So it should be easier to commit voter fraud and the GOP should shut up and like it?
Wow do always pre-load your question so much? The problem here is Republican FUD. The actual amount of voter fraud is far less in actuality and far less than what is warranted by the costs and burdens of a Voter-ID system. Then throw in the political spin where in, for example Wisconsin, that we see Republicans voting in a Voter-ID system and consequently closing locations that would issue a Voter-ID. These are the sorts of behaviors that disenfrancise voters. (Well to a degree they certainly rushed out to recall the Republican Gov. for example)

I keep hearing about this burden thing about Voter ID states, could you tell me exactly what burden this is for my fellow Americans living in Florida with it's Voter ID law?
Minnesota - 30 fraudlent voters out of a 78% turn out of 2.5Million voters. Say roughly a 1 fraud per 100K voters. This is a 99.999% accuracy. So we know the will of the population to about 77.992% If you throw a Voter-ID system in what is the result? No system is fool proof does your accuracy improve? (Perhaps) Does it disenfrancise voters? (Indeed) Is your new will of the population figure increased or decreased?

At best we'll see a small increase in accuracy of the will of the population. So now consider the cost of said Voter-ID system. The estimates of the Republican Voter-ID system would be in the area of $80 Million for Minnesota. I know government may not always consider Return On Investment but it shoudl be in there somewhere. The best case is abyssmal!

Don't forget that was the best case. What is more often seen is that 78% voting rate will drop. It disenfrancises voters. When that happens our ability to know the will of the population decreases. And we've spent $80Million to get even worse results? That's plainly stupid!

I want my government to work on real problems. Not hypothetical fears askew from reality. Spend money wisely not in areas where costs outway the benefits. That's unresponsible. (And really isn't unwise spending something the Tea Party claims they stand against? They should lead the charge to not use Voter-ID.)

dammy please get it thru ur thick head... republicans are the biggest perpetrators of voter fraud... get over it!!!

Florida Concocts Signature Test to Purge Democratic Voters

http://www.politicususa.com/purges-signature-laws-my.html

While voter suppression is nothing new, Rick Scott has taken it to the extreme with a variety of measures ranging from restricting registration, to voter purging and a signatures please law. Among the people, the people on Scott’s list of ineligible voters is a World War II veteran.
quite a long article but worth the read

Back