White House Plots Against Limbaugh

Can you guys please cut out the censorship hysterics? The Whitehouse isn't really trying to ban anyone's speech. This is nonsense and shows how desperate Republicans are to throw mud at the new president - by manufacturing allegations. Obama is allowed to defend his policies and to even express his own opinion.

And like I said before, this isn't even about trying to shut them up, it's a political ploy. They fully expect Rush to fight back with everything he's got. Far from wanting him to shut up, they want him to scream from the roof tops. Like the nut job that he is.

Glaucus said:
Can you guys please cut out the censorship hysterics? The Whitehouse isn't really trying to ban anyone's speech. This is nonsense and shows how desperate Republicans are to throw mud at the new president - by manufacturing allegations. Obama is allowed to defend his policies and to even express his own opinion.

The Obama administration has an enemies list. They have been attacking them personally rather than engaging in a debate of ideas.

metalman said:
The Obama administration has an enemies list. They have been attacking them personally rather than engaging in a debate of ideas.
You say that in a way that almost suggests Rush and Obama could have somehow been friends. Limbaugh is the enemy of all Democrat presidents and all Democrat presidents are the enemy of Limbaugh. There's no chance of them engaging in debate over anything as they both serve different roles: Obama is the president of the US&A and Limbaugh relies on controversy to keep his belly full. These two are completely incompatible.

redrumloa said:
No, Obama supports the Fairness Doctrine.

Fairness Doctrine = censorship
Really? Come on ...

The last time the Fairness Doctrine reared it's head it was from Republicans. The Dems had nothing fronted as the 'Fairness Doctrine' instead the Republicans made up a bill against the imaginary threat.

metalman said:
The Obama administration has an enemies list.

They may have but this isn't a sign of it.

Nixon had an enemies list and he went after then covertly (ooooooh, a "conspiracy theory").

The bush administration had a long list which included anti-war protesters, peaceniks, nuns, etc. This list, or rather, these lists, would harass people by putting them on a no-fly list or making sure that they were always randomly selected at the border.

Or making then disappear.

I wonder how much of Bush's dictatorship machinery Obama will use in the upcoming months and years.

FluffyMcDeath said:
cecilia said:
according to some propaganda piece of shit mailed to my mother (asking her for money, of course) Obama said:

"Quit listening to Rush Limbaugh if you want to get things done"

This is exactly the kind of word game (well, it's just this side of lying if they don't attribute it as a quote but is on the lying side of lying if they do) that tells you precisely where on the spectrum (political and moral) the media stands.

Here is Fox news for example.

They headline the story
"Obama: Quit Listening to Rush Limbaugh if You Want to Get Things Done"

Which implies that it is something that Obama said but is just loose enough that they can say it is effectively the same thing as what he said and there's some editorial license and hey-what about our free speech!!!

In the second paragraph (which is quite a bit further than a lot of Fox viewers would ever read) they provide the actual quote.

"You can't just listen to Rush Limbaugh and get things done,"

Which has a radically different sense and is criticism, and also an actual fact, rather than censorship.

If that got picked up as an email to be bandied around as an Obama quote then its already doing its smearing job. You should reply with the actual quote and chastise whoever it was for sending out smears without doing a little fact checking first.
this wasn't an email (mom does not 'do the internet') it was paper snail MAILed to her.

I go through her mail now (after last year's operation. she's fine) because i don't want her wasting time with bullshit. all the political crap gets put in the recycling. all they want is an older woman's hard earned money and I'm NOT going to let them have it.

whenever I actually look at this shit all i see is stupid lies and madeup garbage. makes me sick
:whack:

faethor said:
Why is Rush seen as the leader?

Limbaugh is the leading spokesman of the conservative movement because he is one of the most intellectually articulate and persuasive political debaters in America today.

In 1993, President Bill Clinton personally attacked "talk show host" Limbaugh. Limbaugh's ratings increased and he galvanized support for the Republican takeover of Congress in 1994.

metalman said:
most intellectually articulate and persuasive political debaters in America today.

He's never been intellectually articulate in any way and he doesn't do debates.

He is, however, a skillful manipulator of people's base emotions and motivations.

metalman said:
Limbaugh is the leading spokesman of the conservative movement because he is one of the most intellectually articulate and persuasive political debaters in America today.
So you claim Limbaugh is a master debater?

faethor said:
metalman said:
So you claim Limbaugh is a master debater?
he would need a pee pee for that :mrgreen:

Hurrah for Camille Paglia's latest post! This woman hits the nail on the head! :D

"Case in point: The orchestrated attack on radio host Rush Limbaugh, which has made the White House look like an oafish bunch of drunken frat boys."

"This entire fracas was set off by the president himself, who lowered his office by targeting a private citizen by name. Limbaugh had every right to counterattack, which he did with gusto. Why have so many Democrats abandoned the hallowed principle of free speech? Limbaugh, like our own liberal culture hero Lenny Bruce, is a professional commentator who can be as rude and crude as he wants."

"To attack Rush Limbaugh is to attack his audience -- and to intensify the loyalty of his fan base."

"Only ignoramuses believe that Rush speaks for the Republican Party."

Aside from her astute observation about the new administration's complete (political) blunder regarding Rush, she also offers some useful insight which I hope someone in the White House will take the time to read.

I am really getting to like Camille's posts! 8)

Regards,
Ltstanfo

ltstanfo said:
I am really getting to like Camille's posts! 8)

Regards,
Ltstanfo

Was it the Salvador carnival post that did it?
:lol:

Back