What would you do if you won the lottery?

Wayne

Administrator
Reaction score
Saw this thread on AW when I was bouncing around to see how a good forum should be run, thought it'd be a great conversation piece.

If you won a multi-million dollar lottery, what would you do with your winnings?

Me? I'd buy Amiga.org back just to permanently delete Franko, then I'd probably shut it down like I should have done two years ago. Hey.. Multiple millions of dollars. I could use a tax write-off.

Secondly, depending on the size of the lottery, I have two separate living plans picked out. Small lottery, I have a house plan. LARGE lottery, I would retire to a 6 bedroom suite Aboard the World cruise ship, bounding around the world 24/7/365, one stop every 7 to 10 days.

You?

Pay off my Sister's and Mother's mortgages. Get my younger brother a place near to the two of them. Set enough money aside for my kids and my nephew so they would have the option of going to university without the crippling debts.

Visit as many folks I'd made friends with on AO over the years as I could.

And then end it all in a spectacular and possibly grisly fashion.

After I fainted with the shock? A nice recording and rehearsal space would probably be near the top of the list.

I'd share quite a bit of it irrespective of the size, give the kids a healthy bank balance, cash up my parents, new car, house etc., cash up a few select charities, go on a bit of a holiday, visit the UK and US to meet some of you crazy crackers, to sum it up, I wouldn't have any trouble spending it :)

I would make sure my aunt's place, my mom's place and my brother's place had solar/wind/whatever and any additional repairs that the homes need.
I'd get myself an electric car (hey, I deserve it)
I'd get a MAC and set up a nice video editing system.
there's some small but empty homes around here (for years)....I'd get one and make it an office. I can walk to any of these so it's very convenient.

I'd help my friends with whatever their bills/home improvement yada yada yada...
I'd make films and have a nice life.
if I had a ton of (extra) money I'd invest in stem cell research and give the finger to all those religious a-holes

oh, and if the money dropped in my lap tomorrow I'd pay for the rest of my nephews college education

I guess that paying off everything and setting up a huge, untouchable retirement fund was pretty much a given, which is why I was thinking more "where would I live" than the other parts of it.

Pay off bills for me, my family, my true friends. Make sure everyone is set. Put 20% in a retirement account that can't be touched until retirement (just in case) and then go back to school to learn business (to make money), motorcycle building (as my "busyness"), and then learn things like carpentry and fletchery as hobbies to keep me grounded.

Unless it's a 300m lottery, in which case I'm hiring a 6 foot tall, blonde personal trainer and touring the world with her.. :)

Retire, buy a house in the middle of nowhere stocked with guns and freeze dried food to live out a life of a hermit.

Oh yeah, I'd need housekeepers that doubled as pole dancers;)

Yes that's a tad disturbing, but at least it will be spectacular :thumbs up:

I do hope you're joking, but I really don't like the joke having lost a friend to suicide...

I do hope you're joking, but I really don't like the joke having lost a friend to suicide...

Yes Jim it was a joke, for Pete's sake you should know better by now. I won't go down the path of my dealings with suicide, attempted or otherwise, but I am sorry to hear about your friend and I apologies.

Yes Jim it was a joke, for Pete's sake you should know better by now. I won't go down the path of my dealings with suicide, attempted or otherwise, but I am sorry to hear about your friend and I apologies.

Sorry dude, just something I am hyper-sensitive about...

I would invest in opening a school for children with autism in my local area.

I am a simple man with simple tastes...
I'd pay off what's owing on my house, set my son up for his future and then travel the world with him and my wife...
Just popping back to Sydney every now and then to mow the lawn and annoy the neighbours.

Back