Warren Buffett, Typical Liberal Billionaire

Warren Buffet said he should pay more taxes. It's up to the government to figure out how to do that and then it's up to Warren to figure out how he gets around it. The fact that he has ways right now to get around taxes he admits. It is not hypocritical to observe that he SHOULD pay more but to try not to.

The point is that no-one is going to volunteer and thus put themselves at a relative disadvantage. Regulation and taxation maintains the playing field by enforcing the same rules on everyone so paying more does not become a competitive disadvantage.

The writer took two different income subjects for taxes as a loophole. Warren Buffet is talking about increase tax on the income, not the corporate tax. Corporate never pay taxes, why? Corporate is made to make money and any taxes it have to pay is pass to the consumer (middle class) end up paying the taxes or look for a loophole. I would not call a loophole when only take a tiny amount of income from the company as an earning from working for the company. In the past when I was running my own company, I have talk to my tax advisor as if I get paid dividend thru shareholder to avoid paying Social Security. He told me that idea is not new and the government crack down with that idea. That idea is an “income loophole”.

Warren Buffet said he should pay more taxes. It's up to the government to figure out how to do that and then it's up to Warren to figure out how he gets around it. The fact that he has ways right now to get around taxes he admits. It is not hypocritical to observe that he SHOULD pay more but to try not to.

I had a feeling you would stick up for the billionaire. He damn well knows what he proposed will not apply to him, just those who make more then $250K who can't escape the IRS like he does. In my book, that makes him a hypocrite.

The point is that no-one is going to volunteer and thus put themselves at a relative disadvantage. Regulation and taxation maintains the playing field by enforcing the same rules on everyone so paying more does not become a competitive disadvantage.

Then what was his agenda for saying something like? I mean it smacks of him being hypocritical by saying they should tax people like him (those making more then $250K for top tier tax income bracket), just not him personally. So why did he say if it he really didn't mean that it applies to everyone? Just trying to give cover for Obama?

Then what was his agenda for saying something like? I mean it smacks of him being hypocritical by saying they should tax people like him (those making more then $250K for top tier tax income bracket), just not him personally. So why did he say if it he really didn't mean that it applies to everyone? Just trying to give cover for Obama?

Imagine you belong to a sports association - you have a team in the association and play by association rules for the association cup. One team starts recruiting goons and the goons start injuring the players on other teams (because there is a loophole in the rules or because no-one thought it would be necessary to explicitly ban goons because who would be such a dick).

Some other teams see that they had better get some goons of their own as the best way to level the playing field. The more time that passes the more the rest of the teams are forced to take on goons.

Eventually all teams are all goons and the skill and the fluidity and excitement has gone out of the game. Most teams have to carry high injury rates and the fans are staying away. It's become bad for everyone.

Now, you are an old fashioned manager who loved the old game of skill and strategy - the game that the fans loved too. Do you:

a) build an old style team and send them out into the bloodbath of goonery that awaits or
b) do you call for a rule change.

Imagine you belong to a sports association - you have a team in the association and play by association rules for the association cup. One team starts recruiting goons and the goons start injuring the players on other teams (because there is a loophole in the rules or because no-one thought it would be necessary to explicitly ban goons because who would be such a dick).
I know it was heartbreaking to lose to the Boston Bruins of all teams, but I think it's best to just let it go and move on.... :p

Hey, it's not just Warren Buffet or liberals: U.S. wealthy weigh into tax debate

Henry Bloch knows a lot about taxes and a lot about wealth. He is the retired honorary chairman of H&R Block, a Kansas City-based tax services company, which he founded with his brother in 1955.
Having amassed a fortune by helping Americans process their tax returns, the philanthropist – and registered Republican – believes the time has come for higher taxes on his richest fellow countrymen.
Yep, a WW2 hero, registered Republican and a tax expert to boot, says the rich should be taxed more.

Back