US Agriculture "is not diverse enough"

Speelgoedmannetje

Marquis de Bon Vie
Reaction score

This made me think of the "fast track land reform" programme in Zimbabwe, that resulted in famine (and the country is 20 years after still very vulnerable regarding that).

This made me think of the "fast track land reform" programme in Zimbabwe, that resulted in famine (and the country is 20 years after still very vulnerable regarding that).
So many farms, in general, have been gobbled up. The small ones just end up getting bought out and rolled into bigger ones.

... And here I was hoping they were talking about the lack of CROP diversity being a bad thing. (sigh)

Fluffy does make a good point, though. Small farmers are royally screwed, regardless of color. Hopefully this will draft things to encourage all small farmers. That would still have a huge help for POC, and might be framed as such. I probably wouldn't hold my breath for that much logic and integrity, though. It'll probably be the opposite, and help give more tax breaks to the giant farms if they hire a few more blacks. (we really need a facepalm smiley)

Back