There's money in death

Real death, crypto money. A crypto-anarchist's wet dream come true.

Wow. It's like a drone list for the masses. Still, it seems a bit mercenary to me. You'd hope that people would do it out of the goodness of their heart.

That particular list might be aligned with your political views (and I expect such a response from you, it's kinda why I posted it) but there's no reason to think there won't be other lists or that your name couldn't be on one.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

That particular list might be aligned with your political views (and I expect such a response from you, it's kinda why I posted it) but there's no reason to think there won't be other lists or that your name couldn't be on one.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

I'm sure other lists already exist for the contrary political view and there is a lot more money and power behind those lists.

As I alluded to in my post we know that Obama maintains his own kill list and he kills the people on it. But there are also beat-up lists and arrest lists and harass lists and no-fly lists no-visa lists for political activists and un-cooperative union leaders. The billionaires don't even need to spend their own money on most of those. They can get the government to spend the people's money on those things.

In South America government and business kill lists are very real and the CIA helps aligned governments to put people on their lists and rub them out.

While the idea of a crowd sourced kill list is an interesting twist I don't think it's likely to produce results. It's probably so heavily watched it's practically a honey trap for radicals and since you have to self report your "work" it exposes the bounty claimer. Even if the transactions are encrypted the network traffic gives the perp away. The question then is how many people are dumb enough to think they can get away with it but smart enough to manage to complete the job.
In that sense I view it more as a protest site or a polling site than an actual threat site. However, if it ever did produce results the CIA and the Koch bros. etc. would be proposing names with big bounties pretty quick, even if only to muddy the waters.
Meanwhile less lethal means work well to control most people. Credit report sabotage, press smears, death threats and aggressive surveillance. The usual petty levers.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

The CIA isn't the only intelligence agency with a bag of dirty tricks. What makes you think foreign state agencies couldn't make use of that. The article here states that those who built this site believe that it's pretty solid - the donations are anonymous due to the nature of bitcoin transactions and they found a clever way to pay off the killer without him revealing his identify. Sure, if the killer was dumb enough to immediately convert the exact amount of the hit into US cash the very next day in a major bank they might be able to flag it, but aside from that, it might actually be untraceable. Not saying it is, but the whole point of the article is that they believe that it is.

The CIA isn't the only intelligence agency with a bag of dirty tricks. What makes you think foreign state agencies couldn't make use of that.
Nothing makes me think that - except they'd have to be pretty stupid to step in an obvious trap. They usually like to be a bit more covert.
The article here states that those who built this site believe that it's pretty solid - the donations are anonymous due to the nature of bitcoin transactions and they found a clever way to pay off the killer without him revealing his identify. Sure, if the killer was dumb enough to immediately convert the exact amount of the hit into US cash the very next day in a major bank they might be able to flag it, but aside from that, it might actually be untraceable.

If it's a bitcoin transaction you can do it to a wallet you carry on your person or a wallet that is kept in trust on-line. Either way you will initiate the transaction and, encrypted or not, you will be passing packets around the net. The contents of the packet are almost less important than which machines they are passing between. The assassin needs to make at least two connections to the crowdsourcing site - once with his "prediction" and again to collect. I'd not be too confident that the NSA can't link all connections to the site back to their origin. If you are connecting by cell phone then they can probably get the phone identifier and pick you up at their leisure the next time you turn it on. If you connect by wifi in a cafe or some such they may not be able to get your mac address (but then again... who knows) but they can localize you to the wireless you connected to and the time so then they can try to find likely suspects on CCTVs, try to match up which phones were in that area, look for credit card transactions, etc. And, yes. Eventually you are going to have to spend your money. There's going to be an exchange of keys and bitcoin address when collecting the payout. There'll be the same thing for spending. It's going to be much harder to watch all the possible endpoints the assassin could spend at but probably doable to look for packets of interest at a number of backbones - plus they can churn through the back catalogue of collected packets in Utah!! I personally wouldn't want to commit a high profile crime and trust in the anonymity of the internet to help me get away with it.

Back