The war on white people

Racist University Of Georgia Teaching Assistant: Whites ‘May Have To Die’ For Black Freedom

irami-osie-frimpong-facebook-post-SCREENSHOT-2.jpg

Covington Catholic Chaperone: Students Were Targeted for Color of Their Skin, Beliefs

According to Hamlin, the group of Covington Catholic students was targeted by the Black Hebrew Israelites throwing “horrific insults” at them, which she said a result of their beliefs and their skin color.

“I think [wearing MAGA caps] was one of the reasons they were targeted and I think they were also targeted for what they stood for,” Hamlin said, “which is Christianity, the right for life. They were singled out, and I believe partially for the color of their skin they were targeted.”

I've watched the videos of whites behaving badly, seen the twitter threads, even watched them on the news ... and often wondered if I was seeing the complete story. Sometimes the people being filmed really are dickheads, but are they such dickheads that they deserve the utter life destruction that comes with social media mobbing and the attendant busy-body army? And what about when the narrative is just plain false?
Racial Shakedown

Our library collections, because they are written mostly by straight white men, are a physical manifestation of white men ideas taking up all the space in our library stacks.

"If you look at any United States library’s collection, especially those in higher education institutions, most of the collections (books, journals, archival papers, other media, etc.) are written by white dudes writing about white ideas, white things, or ideas, people, and things they stole from POC and then claimed as white property… When most of our collections filled with this so-called “knowledge,” it continues to validate only white voices and perspectives and erases the voices of people of color. "

Our library collections, because they are written mostly by straight white men, are a physical manifestation of white men ideas taking up all the space in our library stacks.

"If you look at any United States library’s collection, especially those in higher education institutions, most of the collections (books, journals, archival papers, other media, etc.) are written by white dudes writing about white ideas, white things, or ideas, people, and things they stole from POC and then claimed as white property… When most of our collections filled with this so-called “knowledge,” it continues to validate only white voices and perspectives and erases the voices of people of color. "
Isn't it amazing that a culture that values literacy and writing and that adopted the movable type printing press with enthusiasm to build great libraries over hundreds of years should be over-represented in those libraries while cultures which, in some cases were barely even aware of writing did not build up vast collections. Build a tree-house and suddenly every kid in the neighbourhood thinks they have a right to be let in, and if you don't let them in they'll find a way to blame you for them not having tree-houses they didn't even realise they wanted till you built one.
But libraries actually ARE open to everyone and anyone who can read can read these "white ideas" and see if they have relevance and utility outside of just the colour of the people that wrote them.

Isn't it amazing that a culture that values literacy and writing and that adopted the movable type printing press with enthusiasm to build great libraries over hundreds of years should be over-represented in those libraries while cultures which, in some cases were barely even aware of writing did not build up vast collections. Build a tree-house and suddenly every kid in the neighbourhood thinks they have a right to be let in, and if you don't let them in they'll find a way to blame you for them not having tree-houses they didn't even realise they wanted till you built one.
But libraries actually ARE open to everyone and anyone who can read can read these "white ideas" and see if they have relevance and utility outside of just the colour of the people that wrote them.

Liberalism is a mental disorder.

Library's containing books written in English are "white dudes" writting about "white ideas"
therefore:
Library's containing books written in Mandarin Chinese are ...

The Great Library of Alexandria was one of the first instances of the White Man oppressing People of Color

Maybe universities can hold courses in SubSaharan literature written between 1200-1900 by a native Bantu, Zulu, Swahili, or Masai?
Oooooops!

CNN’s Sanders: ‘We Don’t Need White People Leading the Democratic Party Right Now’

On Wednesday’s “CNN Newsroom,” CNN Political Commentator and former National Press Secretary to Democratic presidential candidate Senator Bernie Sanders (I-VT) Symone Sanders argued, “we don’t need white people leading the Democratic Party right now. The Democratic Party is diverse, and it should be reflected as so in our leadership,” during a discussion on the possible DNC Chairmanship of former Vermont Governor Howard Dean (D).

SUNY Prof. Nicholas Powers: ‘Seeing Poor White People Makes Me Happy’

“Should I kick him in the face? Hard? No, chill, he’s not worth it,” the column, which was highlighted by The College Fix this week, begins. “But why is this white boy begging for money in a Black neighborhood? Is he stupid?”

In a particularly bizarre section of the column, Powers recalls a second encounter he had with the same white homeless person. Powers details his thought process as he passes the young man on the street as he was asking passing strangers for something to eat.

The other day I jogged up the subway stairs and saw the homeless white boy again. “Can you get me something to eat,” he barked out to the river of people passing by. “Someone stole all my shit!” Scabs covered his mouth. He was sunburnt and thin. I ignored him but thought “Baby, you stole all mine.” I glanced at his blanket, shopping cart and books. Who is he? Why is he here? Where are his people?

I stopped myself. It’s the Martin Luther King Jr. life-coach again, saying, “Love your enemies! Get to know them as people.” No Dr. King! Today I own my anger. I want to snatch his food and say, “Go beg in a white neighborhood!” And eat it. And rub my belly. And laugh.

TRENDING: Educators work to combat racism, whiteness in math

math education is biased in favor of a Western narrative. “The larger problem is that there are no readily recognizable names of non-white math leaders who are fluent in content and/or pedagogy,” writes Sunil Singh, who goes on to point out most celebrated mathematicians in the classroom are white: Pythagoras. Euclid. Descartes. Gauss. Newton.

TRENDING: Educators work to combat racism, whiteness in math

math education is biased in favor of a Western narrative. “The larger problem is that there are no readily recognizable names of non-white math leaders who are fluent in content and/or pedagogy,” writes Sunil Singh, who goes on to point out most celebrated mathematicians in the classroom are white: Pythagoras. Euclid. Descartes. Gauss. Newton.

That's also why we have adopted the Hindu-Arabic numerals. Cultural appropriation!

History is written by the people who have writing and bother writing it down and keeping it in a safe place.

Right. That's why I'd argue that Atlantis is less likely to be folklore as some claim. At least if you compare that with oral tradition of indigenous communities. Bigfoot is a shape shifter? I don't completely discount oral tradition. but it is certainly much less reliable.

Back