The Ultimate 80's Thread

Cheese =/= Bad ;)

Another fav from an awesome 80's flick...

Took me ages to find a mint 12" single of this...

I used to like this song until I saw them live as a support act for Cindy Lauper ... didn't sound the same live :(

Few bands do, Simply Red and Stevie Wonder are the only performers I've seen that sound as good, if not better, live.

Few bands do, Simply Red and Stevie Wonder are the only performers I've seen that sound as good, if not better, live.

True, Cindy was great though.. had a crush on her for ages :D

RUSH is amazing live, as good or better than the record version.

Cheese =/= Bad ;)

Another fav from an awesome 80's flick...

Took me ages to find a mint 12" single of this...
Argh! 80s overload!

Needs more :D

break dancing, frisbees and moonwalking with roller skates, I dare you guys to come up with something more 80s :D

Reactions: adz
Argh! 80s overload!

Needs more :D

break dancing, frisbees and moonwalking with roller skates, I dare you guys to come up with something more 80s :D

Awesome track, but is it just me, or does it have a touch too much cowbell in it?

RUSH is amazing live, as good or better than the record version.

Pink Floyd and/or Roger Waters are sonicly amazing live. Usually on a par with the records but you also get a proper surround sound hit at these gigs which is unlike any other band I've seen. Your ears are assualted in the nicest way. I'd recommend it to anyone.

I suppose I would say that though, wouldn't I? :D

Yeah, I've heard many a Pink Floyd and/or Roger Waters live album and they sound awesome so I would assume if I were lucky enough to see them live, then the experience would be amazing. The Police/Sting sound pretty awesome too on their live albums, even better if you have them on vinyl ;)

Yeah, I've heard many a Pink Floyd and/or Roger Waters live album and they sound awesome so I would assume if I were lucky enough to see them live, then the experience would be amazing.

I've seen Roger Waters five times (I think) and Pink Floyd (minus Waters) twice. Also saw David Gilmour once. Every single gig had outstanding sound.

The Police/Sting sound pretty awesome too on their live albums, even better if you have them on vinyl ;)

I have a couple of Police records on vinyl but they're studio records, rather than live. Excellent band.
Sting on his own never really did it for me, though.

I have a couple of Police records on vinyl but they're studio records, rather than live. Excellent band.
Sting on his own never really did it for me, though.

The Police are really good for testing the low end of your sound system, well that's what I've found anyway. I enjoy listening to Sting as what I call background music, ie. I'll put him on while I'm doing the housework or something like that.

So much of my 80s music has yet to be represented. Punk rock - TSOL, Dead Kennedys, Husker Du, Black Flag, 7 seconds, Suicidal Tendenes, etc. Which lead into New Wave - Talking Heads, Eurythmics, Simple Minds (I think was mentioned), ABC, The Fixx, etc. Punk also lead into a third wave of SKA - Dexie's Midnight Runners, Englisth Beat, etc. and of course the experimental - Laurie Anderson springs to mind.

Dude, we're only two pages deep!

So much of my 80s music has yet to be represented. Punk rock - TSOL, Dead Kennedys, Husker Du, Black Flag, 7 seconds, Suicidal Tendenes, etc. Which lead into New Wave - Talking Heads, Eurythmics, Simple Minds (I think was mentioned), ABC, The Fixx, etc. Punk also lead into a third wave of SKA - Dexie's Midnight Runners, Englisth Beat, etc. and of course the experimental - Laurie Anderson springs to mind.

I thought this was mainly a campy/funny 80's thread?

Cheesy German Hard Rock...

Scorpions sold out about that point in time. Older stuff (especially when Michal Schenker was still there) is wonderful, Animal Magnetism is still one of my top 10 LPs from the 80s.

So much of my 80s music has yet to be represented. Punk rock - TSOL, Dead Kennedys, Husker Du, Black Flag, 7 seconds, Suicidal Tendenes, etc. Which lead into New Wave - Talking Heads, Eurythmics, Simple Minds (I think was mentioned), ABC, The Fixx, etc.

Ah man, Dead Kennedy's were great. I wasn't very happy with New Wave at the time, but I can sit back and enjoy most of it today long as there some quality bands like Talking Heads and such in the mix.

Back