The Ultimate 80's Thread

Oh, I was looking for that song to post as well, not sure why it didn't come up for me. Google must be skewing their results again! ;) I have all their videos on DVD somewhere.

Japan an awesome group that I somehow missed growing up. I got into David Sylvan's work in the early 90s. The Secrets of the Beehive is superb, even if I found it about 5 years after it's release. And ended up finding Japan when searching out earlier things he had done.

Beehive came out in 87 so...

Very cool faethor. I meant to ask you if you ever heard of David Sylvian as I knew he lived in Minneapolis for a number of years. Stupid me I never caught a show while he was there. Have you heard about Japan's reunion project, Rain Tree Crow? And have you heard Mick Karn died earlier this year? Anyway, my fav Sylvian album is The First Day, his collaboration with Robert Fripp of King Crimson fame. Dead Bees on a Cake is another great album but linking anything off that album would be out of scope for this thread I'm afraid. So instead here's a link to one of my favorites from Brilliant Trees:

I haven't been following Sylvian for years. Though Secret is one of the few albums I always have nearby. And unfortunately no I didn't catch him live. ...King Crimson is great. We did a song of theirs for the highschool talent show tryouts. I don't think the cheerleaders selecting the acts appreciated it.

BTW You know the Buggles did a gig a while back? The one and only time they've ever done (or will ever do) the full album live.

OMG! XD I got blown from my chair of cheesness!

Now I have to come up with something cheesy as well!

Reactions: adz
Back