So what do you get when..

Glaucus

Reaction score
So what do you get when a Jihadist, US Marine and a Syrian pro-democracy activist walk into a Turkish cafe? A really good article:

My Lunch with a Jihadi

Abu Hassar’s forehead knotted. “There was no sentence,” he said. “I was only released because of him.” He pointed at Abed. “His Revolution freed me.”

Abed seemed at pains to translate this fact. The jihadists within Syria would never have ascended if it weren’t for the initial success of the secular and democratic-minded Revolution. As the Revolution gained momentum, Assad opened his prisons, unleashing the jihadists on himself. He wanted to create the perception abroad that he was under siege by Islamic fundamentalists. And now he was.

It's a long read, but if you care, you'll find it time well spent.

So what do you get when a Jihadist, US Marine and a Syrian pro-democracy activist walk into a Turkish cafe? A really good article:

See this here:

He wanted to create the perception abroad that he was under siege by Islamic fundamentalists.
If anyone ever suggested that a western government would do such things they'd be labelled a conspiracy theory right quick - but it's no problem to say such about our "enemies". We know now that when Moamar Gadaffi was complaining that the rebels were releasing Al Qaeda members from prison it turned out to be true. It almost seemed like someone had informed the rebels where they all were - many of them taken in Afghanistan and other places and transported to Libya (and Syria) for "Enhanced Interrogation" and these evil dictators cooperated with the US.

Now the government of Syria has agreed to western backed peace talks with the chosen western opposition though the Syrians won't let the Jihadis in the door and the West won't let the peaceful Syrian opposition in - though that segment has been negotiating with Assad and getting results for the last three years.

The US wants regime change and will not really be happy with any other outcome - just as in Iraq, just as in Libya and just as they will eventually in Iran if they can keep their program going.

Back