SCOTUS decisions as of late.

Wayne

Administrator
Reaction score
So.. Here's what I don't understand.
SCOTUS (on Friday, 6/30/23 I believe) ruled that Colleges cannot use race as a determinate factor in deciding admissions...

Now the particular group of people who were absolutely in an uproar that "everyone gets treated fairly and without discrimination" are furious that they aren't going to receive preferential treatment (read: racially biased in their favor).

Am I missing something?

Meanwhile, same Friday, SCOTUS ruled that it's a violation of that web designer's religious rights to be compelled by law to create website content for a "alphabet" customer.

In my head, the correct answer is not protests and anger, but to go out and create tens of thousands of jobs and hundreds of companies who specifically meet those needs, operated by members of that community. Surely they wouldn't have a religious objection to serving people outside their community, meaning more, and stronger business for them... I am even more absolutely certain that the government's Small Business Administration would absolutely fund such endeavors under the minority and disadvantaged business rules they follow..

Right? What am I missing here?

(I'm surprised that the leftists haven't absolutely destroyed said web designer, and previously the baker before them)

Back