Republicans first victim - healthcare

faethor

Reaction score
Of course...

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2014/...Obamacare-repeal-nbsp-target?detail=facebook#

Republicans want to change the 30 hour minimum 'full time' employment requirement to a 40 hour. See this will help the American worker by allowing your Employer to work you more hours and still skirt paying for your healthcare.

Though 'fixing' Obamacare seems like a long way off. Obama will likely veto and the Republicans do not have the 2/3rds majority needed to override.

I'd love to see Obamacare gone. It's time to get America to a single payer system much like the rest of the industrialized world. And that's Obamacare's biggest problem!

the teabaggers don't want any healthcare. The ACA was the first step toward single payer. Trust me if Obama hadn't pushed for it the USA would NEVER get single payer - ever.

and, by the way, my brother's life was saved by the ACA so anyone who doesn't like it can suck my clit

and stop paying attention to these morons. This will continue to be a do-nothing congress..

despite
the idiots who were too damn lazy to go out and vote good things DID happen:

Four States Vote to Raise Minimum Wage

It seems when people vote directly on issues they vote wisely, but on politicians it's a different story. Do we have the technology for direct democracy? Do we even need these yahoos anymore?

It seems when people vote directly on issues they vote wisely, but on politicians it's a different story. Do we have the technology for direct democracy? Do we even need these yahoos anymore?
maybe it's time to throw them out.

I think we do have the technology to allow for direct democracy. The problem with the idea of a direct democracy is it ends up imposing the Tyranny of the Majority . The Founding Fathers were smart enough to be wise to this problem. (Though viewing the system today it appears their answer has created a Kleptocratic Plutocracy. )

How many people celebrate their 1st birthday 3 months after the Dr. pulls them out? Yup right - no one.
ha! no kidding!

the problem with this 'pesonhood' bullshit is that it would make every women who has a miscarriage a criminal. And since miscarriages are as common as snot that would result in 50% of the population in jail.

the insanity of this is monumental.

btw, for many years now I have made it my business to never vote for anyone in the 'republican' or democrat' ticket.
In NY they have the Green party, the workers family (or some name like that), and of course Independent.

What happens in my State (and I have no idea how common this happens in other states) is that often a candidate will be registered under more than one party.

So, for example, in this past election Governor Cuomo was listed in about three parties including this brand new one: http://womensequalityparty.org/

I was planning on voting for him because I liked how he handled the aftermath of Superstorm Sandy (among other reasons). So when I found out about this "Women’s Equality Party" I wanted to support that. Every candidate that I wanted to vote for that was also listed under this party got my Tick.

I'm determined to break this hideous 2 party bullshit and I've been doing what I can. I drove Mom to vote and after we voted we talked about it and she did the same thing. She tends to go for the Independent or Green party but the idea is the same. And this is a life-long republican. But she is FED UP with the republican BS. Of course Mom is a republican like Eisenhower, and William Buckley, not the asshats in congress now.

Back