Programming sucks

Robert

Reaction score
This is a world where people eschew sex to write a programming language for orangutans. All programmers are forcing their brains to do things brains were never meant to do in a situation they can never make better, ten to fifteen hours a day, five to seven days a week, and every one of them is slowly going mad.

http://stilldrinking.org/programming-sucks

Same can be said for anything in the IT sector...

Biggest problem with programming is that people think they're making a product, rather than they're in a process of improvement of business processes.

On the plus side, my company has decided that the entire company gets to make a mobile app strictly for our educational purposes. We came up with the idea and we get to build it any way we like. Our idea is to make an app fellow employees can use to select where to go for lunch. Simple, but we intend to make it supper feature packed so it does all sorts of stuff just for fun. We currently have two parallel teams exploring different technologies. Only down side is that I may not have the time to contribute as much as I'd like but my Android development experience seems to be asset so far. The best part is we did part of the high level design at the local pub! :pint:

Back