Pricelss

it real obvious who the "ignoramus" is

:roll:

redrumloa said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6xWGvdRQ9Q

The best summary of CNN "news" I've ever seen.

Jim, that's actually a good summary of all the news channels and if you think it's specific to CNN you're sadly mistaken.

You watch the Daily Show?
I ask because the CNN clip was shown on the same episode and Jon Stewart accused CNN of trying to out-Fox Fox.

Am I to take it that you think CNN (which I'll happily agree doesn't really report news) is somehow worse than Fox? That's the only explanation I can think of for your retort.
Furthermore, the CNN piece just shows what all sensationalist news companies do. (Including Fox, NBC, BBC, ITN, etc, etc.)
The Fox piece, on the other hand, shows an outright, bonafide, thick-as-shite-in-the-neck-of-a-bottle, ignoramus doing irony in the 'US stereotype' way. They don't even remotely compare.

Robert said:
redrumloa said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6xWGvdRQ9Q

The best summary of CNN "news" I've ever seen.

Jim, that's actually a good summary of all the news channels and if you think it's specific to CNN you're sadly mistaken.

I ask because the CNN clip was shown on the same episode and Jon Stewart accused CNN of trying to out-Fox Fox.

Am I to take it that you think CNN (which I'll happily agree doesn't really report news) is somehow worse than Fox? That's the only explanation I can think of for your retort.
Furthermore, the CNN piece just shows what all sensationalist news companies do. (Including Fox, NBC, BBC, ITN, etc, etc.)
The Fox piece, on the other hand, shows an outright, bonafide, thick-as-shite-in-the-neck-of-a-bottle, ignoramus doing irony in the 'US stereotype' way. They don't even remotely compare.

How you come to some conclusions is beyond me :?: All the media outlets are biased and sadly all seem to do hatchet pieces. Most of the people here, you included, focus on only Fox. The clip you link to is eye rolling, but I see plenty of eye rolling things every day. NBC is playing a global warming commercial in regular rotation on how eating hamburgers contributes to global warming :roll:

Anyhow, do I think CNN is worse than Fox? To be completely honest yes I do. Does that statement reflect my bias of how I view the world? Possibly. I'll admit that and take heat from some here who are less honest with themselves. CNN as others have pointed out is not the worst offender, MSNBC is. Yes Fox reports with a right leaning bias, but that is a weak counterbalance to all the other news outlets (CNN, MSNBC, etc, etc) who have a far, far left leaning bias.

About 'US stereotype' in your sentence above, amazing. In a thread a week ago or so I got blasted for "the US is not the center of the world". Do you think if I sat and watched news from from various EU countries, I would not find embarrassing 'EU stereotypes'?

-Edit-
I missed responding to this question.

Only recently have I seen the Daily Show, I watched when I heard of the Cramer slam pieces. First impressions is that he seems to be an equal opportunity slam artist. What I saw was pretty funny, what makes it funny is he seems to simply state the obvious.

Jim, first you say:

redrumloa said:
How you come to some conclusions is beyond me :?:

Then you say:

All the media outlets are biased and sadly all seem to do hatchet pieces. Most of the people here, you included, focus on only Fox.

I can only reply that how you come to some conclusions is also beyond me.
Can you please point out what part of my post says anything about bias?

I was talking about idiotic, stupid, uneducated, ill-informed ignorance. That you see this as an attack on Fox's bias is something only you can explain. As far as I'm concerned the vast majority of your reply is a non-sequitor.

The clip you link to is eye rolling, but I see plenty of eye rolling things every day. NBC is playing a global warming commercial in regular rotation on how eating hamburgers contributes to global warming :roll:

Can you be 100% sure that eating hamburgers *doesn't* contribute to climate change? ;-)

As for 'eye rolling', it's complete and unadulterated stupidity on an eye-popping scale. Please post links to similar clips from other news channels and I'll laugh at them too. I'm talking presenters proving to the world that they are ignorant, uneducated muttonheads, with no room for doubt. If you can't find anything like that, don't bother with anything else - it'll only be as irrelevant as your CNN piece.

Yes Fox reports with a right leaning bias, but that is a weak counterbalance to all the other news outlets (CNN, MSNBC, etc, etc) who have a far, far left leaning bias.

You really believe that, don't you? Quite bizarre.

About 'US stereotype' in your sentence above, amazing. In a thread a week ago or so I got blasted for "the US is not the center of the world". Do you think if I sat and watched news from from various EU countries, I would not find embarrassing 'EU stereotypes'?

Probably. What's your point?
The term is in quotes for a reason. If you can't figure out why, I'm not about to spoil it for you.

Back