Political Jokes 2021 and 2022

FiPl-zcXoAMHZAT

Donald Trump - convinced folk to drink bleach
But Trump never said to drink bleach - but a lot of people who view Trump as an enemy said that he said it - so if anybody is responsible for any Trumper ever drinking bleach - it wasn't Trump who was at fault.

But Trump never said to drink bleach -
Three things:
1. It's a joke.
2. He didn't have to tell people to drink bleach. He spoke about injecting disinfectant. That was allegedly enough for some people to drink bleach. If that's true, he very much did convince people to drink bleach even if he didn't directly tell them to.
3. It's a joke.

created by a fellow called PepsiMoonDog

Screenshot from 2022-12-17 15-33-10.png

Three things:
1. It's a joke.
2. He didn't have to tell people to drink bleach. He spoke about injecting disinfectant. That was allegedly enough for some people to drink bleach. If that's true, he very much did convince people to drink bleach even if he didn't directly tell them to.
3. It's a joke.
1&2 Not everybody who says those things is joking. I don't even think they were said as jokes to begin with, but whatever the case people hear that uncritically passed about and believe that it's actually true.
Trump never told people to drink bleach so if anyone drunk bleach believing Trump said so it would be whoever made up the "joke".
now, how many people ACTUALLY drank bleach because they thought that when Biden said that Trump had told them to, they believed it?
I suspect it is far fewer than those who took the tide pod challenge.
(And when I say "drank bleach" I don't mean in the way that almost all city dwellers do - because that's what makes the water safe to drink).
How many people drank bleach because they thought Trump said they should? Probably a lot fewer than the media and pundits have have lead others to believe.

1&2 Not everybody who says those things is joking.
Check the thread title.
Trump never told people to drink bleach so if anyone drunk bleach believing Trump said so it would be whoever made up the "joke".
What a wonderfully fanciful, if somewhat bizarre, conclusion to come to. "Who will rid me of this troublesome priest?" Henry never told 4 knights to kill Becket but his words are said to have convinced them.
I addressed it above but, given you felt it necessary to remind me Trump never specifically said that, even though I've already acknowledged as much, I suppose it also bears repeating that he didn't have to. He spoke about injecting disinfectant. Afterwards there were reports of people drinking cleaning products. People can be very stupid and will do seemingly extraordinarily idiotic things for the weirdest of reasons.
Remember Ivermectin? Do you think the only reason some people took potentially dangerous animal formulations containing Ivermectin was because someone advised people to specifically take sheep-tablets? No, they heard Ivermectin worked and took it in whatever form they could get their hands on, including horse worming paste. Idiotic and dangerous but they were convinced to do so, because they took bad advice in the first place, and then compounded their idiocy by misconstruing that advice.

How many people drank bleach because they thought Trump said they should? Probably a lot fewer....
I'm glad we got here eventually. I hope I'm not being too presumptuous in taking "a lot fewer" to represent a value greater than zero. If even one person was convinced to ingest cleaning products on the back of Trump's remarks, and even though I said it as a joke, then I'm afraid it is true; he did convince someone to drink bleach, even if he didn't specifically tell them to or mean them to. That's all the joke was; not that he told them to, not that he meant them to, but that he convinced them to. Now that you appear to have acknowledged that at least one person was convinced enough to do so, can we flip this weird excursion into pedantry back over to a joke thread?

than the media and pundits have have lead others to believe.
Wow, 4% of the population? That would be utterly astonishing. Even 0.001% would be ridiculous so the 4% thing is a bit of straw man.

Back