Oh darn....

the_leander

Reaction score
The National Pig Association warns that unless pork prices go up by a "modest amount now" to keep pig farmers in business, shortages will bring "inevitable record prices" in 2013.

That's right folks, there is a looming bacon shortage.

You have permission to shit bricks now.

Damn it. It's the Joooz!! Why couldn't they just work against shell fish and blended fabrics. Take my foreskin, but not my BACON!!!!!!!

hate to say it... u all have been warned... and thats just the half of it... the premiums to be made and decisions as well as to who gets that food, while still swinging favor to the producers, will have us all clamoring at the boots of our masters begging for sustinence (not abstinence... been a while since the old man got any lovins.) please forgive... glad the kardashians and the hilton family can still buy food.

I'd note the 'producers' you mean the slaughter houses and delivery system. Almost none of the increase in price goes to the farmer. Let alone a Mom/Pop farmer. In the end Corporations win.

Unfortunately this will effect all countries, not just blighty...

Wild hog populations are reaching critical numbers in the USA. I can already buy black market pork. If pork prices skyrocket, I will always have the black market.

Wild hog populations are reaching critical numbers in the USA. I can already buy black market pork. If pork prices skyrocket, I will always have the black market.

yep... until.....about, how many thousand of your fellow floridians and out of state hunters showing up for the same thing? good plan red... somebody at fish and game told me once the standing deer herd in ks, without out of state eaters (it numbers in the 200, 000), would be gone "in a week" should disaster strike... try again my friend... and i call you that... because... we would still welcome you at our table... population of us is 300 + million... at some point, you like the rest of us, will be shooting food, or the guy that got it before you. and it is the difference between how you see the future and i do...

hate to say it... u all have been warned... and thats just the half of it... the premiums to be made and decisions as well as to who gets that food, while still swinging favor to the producers, will have us all clamoring at the boots of our masters begging for sustinence (not abstinence... been a while since the old man got any lovins.) please forgive... glad the kardashians and the hilton family can still buy food.

Inequitable distribution of income and wealth has, and always will be, the downfall of any empire...

yep... until.....about, how many thousand of your fellow floridians and out of state hunters showing up for the same thing? good plan red... somebody at fish and game told me once the standing deer herd in ks, without out of state eaters (it numbers in the 200, 000), would be gone "in a week" should disaster strike... try again my friend... and i call you that... because... we would still welcome you at our table... population of us is 300 + million... at some point, you like the rest of us, will be shooting food, or the guy that got it before you. and it is the difference between how you see the future and i do...

I think you seriously under estimate the wild hog problem in the USA and over estimate any pork shortage. Follow Fluffy's link for an example.

Inequitable distribution of income and wealth has, and always will be, the downfall of any empire...

tho i would belabour only one point with you . substitute income and wealth for resouces... then im wholesale on board...

I think you seriously under estimate the wild hog problem in the USA and over estimate any pork shortage. Follow Fluffy's link for an example.

yeah... 340 milliion... divides by a million how well, and for how long after first million is culled? if we're going to face food issues here and we are the largest exporter of food, or at least one of. the rest are terrorized seemingly simultaneously by the same misfortune of in-climate weather, with no respite from the absence of, in sight. its called mathematics or a arithmetic for a reason... numbers mean things... in case of a real food calamity your bullets are for your lucky neighbor who "bagged one" as your children go hungry...

What you might start seeing in the short to medium term is the return of lesser cuts like tongue and cheeks to the butchers slab. Over here I've already begun to see that. As for black market meats... I wouldn't trust any black market pork. Lamb, Beef even chicken no probs, but not pork - had too many near misses with the stuff.

Back