No censorship, eh?

redrumloa

Reaction score
http://www.newsmax.com/headlines/pelosi ... 89685.html

Pelosi, D-Calif., has thrown her support to an amendment in a Senate bill that directs the FCC to explicitly “take actions to encourage and promote diversity in communication media ownership and to ensure that broadcast station licenses are used in the public interest,” according to CNS News.

And who decides what is in the public interest? King Obama?

Well, who decides now, eh? The FCC has always been a puppet to whatever current administration is in power. Unless you were really that outraged over Janet Jackson's breast, or something.

And, for what it's worth, there needs to be some more owners in the media market. Right now, too much power is held in too few companies. Of course, I'm fairly sure enforced "diversity" may not be the best idea for changing this......

clear channel was sucking on the bush family's clit for years and fired people who had the nerve to tell the truth on the radio.

the FCC should get out of the censorship business and only regulate which stations use what frequency.

if Pelosi wants to keep playing that game she's Just as bad as the republican cocksuckers. of course, i never liked her much, anyway.

I do think this whole brew-haha about the "Fairness Doctrine" is just the fake republicans whining because they want to be seen as victims.

wah, wah, wah.

Ya, Americans don't want censorship, but they also don't want to see titties on TV. So which is it?

Glaucus said:
Ya, Americans don't want censorship, but they also don't want to see titties on TV. So which is it?

Don't ask me! I love b00bs!!

redrumloa said:
JFC man!, it' getting bleeping old. You don't like him.. Got it. Jeez.

redrumloa said:

No, it's people like King Richard Mellon Scaif. You may or may not know who he is and you certainly didn't vote for him be he gets to decide what HIS media censors - and it's generally anything that doesn't support him and his buddies making more money.

Then there are companies like GE. You don't get to vote for them either but they own media organs such as CNBC on which people like Cramer urge people like average Joe to go out and buy GE stock - which, if you did, you'd have lost your shirt while GE execs made bonuses.

The airwaves are PUBLIC. They are not owned by the broadcasters but licensed. The government has the right to tell them to be fair and balanced. Even FOX may have to become fair and balanced. Oooh. Can you imagine?

The broadcasters signed onto the deal when they paid for their licenses but it's their job to whine about it, and they have the entire media to spread the propaganda with.

You still refuse to see the system which enslaves you.

Wayne said:
redrumloa said:

Sorry Wayne, I heard bitching about Bush for 8+ years. I won't ignore Obama's policies after a couple months just because some people who voted for him are sensitive.

FluffyMcDeath said:
redrumloa said:

No, it's people like King Richard Mellon Scaif. You may or may not know who he is and you certainly didn't vote for him be he gets to decide what HIS media censors - and it's generally anything that doesn't support him and his buddies making more money.

Then there are companies like GE. You don't get to vote for them either but they own media organs such as CNBC on which people like Cramer urge people like average Joe to go out and buy GE stock - which, if you did, you'd have lost your shirt while GE execs made bonuses.

The airwaves are PUBLIC. They are not owned by the broadcasters but licensed. The government has the right to tell them to be fair and balanced. Even FOX may have to become fair and balanced. Oooh. Can you imagine?

The broadcasters signed onto the deal when they paid for their licenses but it's their job to whine about it, and they have the entire media to spread the propaganda with.

You still refuse to see the system which enslaves you.

I don't like ANY censorship. Once gov starts dictating what is in "the public's best interest", we have slipped into Communism.

As for Cramer, I've stated before anyone trading on his advice is a moron.

redrumloa said:
Wayne said:
redrumloa said:

Sorry Wayne, I heard bitching about Bush for 8+ years. I won't ignore Obama's policies after a couple months just because some people who voted for him are sensitive.
It wasn't 8+ years because most of the harsh criticism didn't come until he started talking about invading Iraq. He had pretty strong support after 9/11 which he squandered on Iraq and the patriot act. So you should at least wait and let Obama actually do something before you criticism him for it - seems only fair.

Glaucus said:
It wasn't 8+ years because most of the harsh criticism didn't come until he started talking about invading Iraq. He had pretty strong support after 9/11 which he squandered on Iraq and the patriot act. So you should at least wait and let Obama actually do something before you criticism him for it - seems only fair.

I've always been negative on Bush when it comes to that POS Patriot Act. I *DID* wait until Obama did something. I was fairly quiet during campaigning since I didn't like either knucklehead and I was very quite throughout inauguration. Obama didn't just do something, he has destroyed more capital than any president in US history. The only comparison is Herbert Hoover. Obama has had a disastrous first 30 days.

deleted with apologies. Wayne needs a break.

redrumloa said:
The "Obama Stock Chart".

http://stockcharts.com/h-sc/ui?s=$INDU& ... 7561270329

From inauguration day until today.

-Edit-
Some of you guys don't get it. Obama is pushing us into levels that makes the Great Depression look like a utopia. Do you understand what hyper-inflation will do to your lifestyle?

Good grief.

Here's the Bush part of the curve.

Down 4000 from taking office, not adjusted for inflation. 7000 points off the peak. In a single year. The election of Obama actually halted the decline for a while as the markets held their breath. There is plenty of momentum in this and and the fall we see now is just a delayed version of the one we were getting. No, this really is Bush's depression.

redrumloa said:
I don't like ANY censorship.

But you think it's still OK for the media companies to censor news and opinions?

FluffyMcDeath said:
redrumloa said:
The "Obama Stock Chart".
Down 4000 from taking office, not adjusted for inflation. 7000 points off the peak. In a single year. The election of Obama actually halted the decline for a while as the markets held their breath. There is plenty of momentum in this and and the fall we see now is just a delayed version of the one we were getting. No, this really is Bush's depression.

Playing with numbers? From Bush inauguration day to his last day the DOW is down 22%. A lot happened in between those 8 years, of course. The dow has gone down almost the same amount in Obama's FIRST 2 MONTHS.

Every time Obama opens his mouth or signs a new bill, the market goes down. The markets don't live in a vacuum, they react to policy and is a good indicator of the economy going forward. You knew this very well during Bush, but ignore it now during Obama?

Wayne said:
Jesus Christ on a {bleep} crutch Jim. Obama has been in office less than 60 days and you already blame him because he hasn't been able to stop the horrendous slide that your republican lackeys started over the last 8 years? Give me a break Jim, you're NOT that stupid. No one, including your buddy McSame could have stopped the landslide we're in, and it's rich republican business owners who see their privileges drying up who're driving the stock market into the death spiral it's in.

Resorting to personal insults when you don't like someone's opinion Wayne? How very Obama of you. Unless you only pick and chose the posts you want to read, you know very well I was no McCain fan and I've been against Bush's policies for at least 3 years.

Said business owners have the ability to fix the economy more than Obama at this point, but everyone -- republican'ts and even members of his own party -- is so busy trying to make sure Obama fails before he even gets one foot out of the gate that the economy really is taking a back seat.

Give me a break Wayne. Consumers with free spending cash are the only thing that will fix the economy. Considering your taxes, my taxes, everyone's taxes will be going through the roof, anyone who has not been laid off will not have free spending cash.

Bush EARNED his criticisms. You know that all too well, and I sincerely hope they figure out a way to put him and his cohorts in jail for breaking the law (re: Patriot act, wire tapping, violations of privacy, etc) but whether or not the current administration -- not just Obama -- can pull you out of your stock market doldrums remains to be seen, so -- as I said -- give it a {bleep} rest already... Unless of course YOU could have "saved the world" in the last 58 days...

My stock market? You keep thinking that. I pulled out of the market in Feb of last year. The only stock I am in now is a tiny position in SIRI I took last month, which I am up 33% on so far. That is a trade which may end up being a very short term trade. Otherwise I am out of the market completely. I fully expect the overall market to go down another 60% or more from this point.

No Wayne, this is the country's stock market. You may not have any money saved, but most Americans at least have a 401k. Do you know what has happened to the average person's 401k? Do you know how many people have seen their 401k lose 60-90% or more of it's value? I don't care if a president is Republican or Democrat, if his policies are going to destroy the American Dream I will state my displeasure.

FluffyMcDeath said:
redrumloa said:
I don't like ANY censorship.

But you think it's still OK for the media companies to censor news and opinions?

I am against all? Air America failed miserably on it's own. You will disagree, but the simple fact is the few right leaning talk shows out there are a (small) counterbalance to the much larger liberal media. The reason they are so popular is they are just about the only outlet for an opposing view to the mainstream media.

redrumloa said:
I am against all? Air America failed miserably on it's own. You will disagree, but the simple fact is the few right leaning talk shows out there are a (small) counterbalance to the much larger liberal media. The reason they are so popular is they are just about the only outlet for an opposing view to the mainstream media.
If that's the case where you are I wish Minnesota had as many liberal media outlets...

Back