In an eerily familiar situation to the various Amiga rebirths, the Vega+ handheld hits the rocks..

the_leander

Reaction score
For those unfamiliar, there was an Indiegogo effort to produce a purpose built Spectrum handheld console as a followup to the original handheld called Vega. This was to be called "Vega+", it used an off the shelf hardware platform and software emulation. It featured a case developed by the original spectrum designer Rick Dickinson...

And then things went horribly, horribly wrong.

Reading this was painful, not only because its horrible to see yet another retro system getting knobbled by the sorts of things that have beset this project, but because of the similarities I felt to what happened with the Amiga.

Some of those Amiga rebirths weren't total scams, this Vega+ appears to have been a total scam right from the beginning alone with it's sister hardware The64. I was going to link a long running thread on Lemon64 Forum, but Lemon64 seems down at the moment. The64 involves many of the same people and stunk to high heaven from day one. I wasn't about to drop a penny of my money on crowdfunding and my suspicions have proved correct. Not a single piece of evidence has shown the money going anywhere other than their pockets.

Back