I guess I really don't have a sense of humour.

I have been told he is openly mocking people and stating his goal is to get long time members to leave or some nonsense.
Like I said, ruining other people's enjoyment for his own fun. He's a drunk, teenage girl smashing a sunflower ;)

@Moto: +1 Excellent analogy, and right on the money -- at least from my perspective.

My simile would be that I built a Cobra kit car from scratch, had it in perfect shape. Exactly the way I wanted it, but I needed money and had to sell it. Two years later, I'm watching the new owner let his 10 year old kid wrap it around a tree at 55mph.

Like I said, ruining other people's enjoyment for his own fun. He's a drunk, teenage girl smashing a sunflower ;)
lol, now THERE'S a picture.....who says we don't have a sense of humor??? :drumroll:

@motorollin. I don't think he has been using the net longer than a year. It's not hard to use computers these days like sending emails and stuff so to say he knows too much for someone who has only been online for only a year is silly. I'm surprised you said that because i think it's silly. I've seen elderly people who have never used computers in their lives pick them up almost instantly. Welcome to the year 2011. As for the domain thing it's not hard to send an email and ask about details about something you have an interest in. I'm sure the whole thing would be as easy as 1-2-3. A few months ago i briefly thought about getting my own domain for a website project so i did some research on what is involved and it was as easy. It's not rocket science.

Also the ios autocorrect statement. I think that is incredibly shortsighted. Are you telling me you have never made a spelling mistake?

@motorollin. I don't think he has been using the net longer than a year. It's not hard to use computers these days like sending emails and stuff so to say he knows too much for someone who has only been online for only a year is silly.

The basics, sure.

Welcome to the year 2011.

Sanctimonious much?

As for the domain thing it's not hard to send an email and ask about details about something you have an interest in. I'm sure the whole thing would be as easy as 1-2-3.

Sure, there are lots of hosts out there who will give you help in setting things up. But the sheer range of things he can do makes it unlikely that he is coming to this from a standing start. Far from it.

He by his own account has been using computers since before they invented trees. I find it highly doubtful that he has never had access to the internet before last year.

Not that any of this really matters however.

Also the ios autocorrect statement. I think that is incredibly shortsighted. Are you telling me you have never made a spelling mistake?

It's not spelling mistakes he's talking about, its spotting default auto corrections from within a platform he's very familiar with, there is a difference.

Hmmm... typing Ill instead of i'll seems a common and easy mistake to make for. I think it's amazing that you see things that aren't really there

Hmmm... typing Ill instead of i'll seems a common and easy mistake to make for. I think it's amazing that you see things that aren't really there

If it were your way you might have a point, but it isn't. You type in ill, you'll get I'll by default.

Pay attention.

What I find amazing is the length you're prepared to be an apologist for him.

Let's agree to disagree on a few things and move on, shall we?

1) Amiga.org is changing. Some think it's a good thing. Those who built it (including the "old fart users") see it as dying. Whether by choice, troll invasion, apathy, or simple neglect is really irrelevant. It was a nice place to hang out for 15 years. Now it's just yet another cut-up place to joke and insult each other -- Moobunny 2.0.. now featuring registration if you will.

2) I'm a fat bastard, and Frank Spiers is a trollish petulant fuckhead who apparently lives with his mum and "can't get any for a fortnight while she's away". No contest, and really no debate. "I'm not fat, I'm fluffy".

3) We're never going to agree on any of those facts, or even this post. The best we can do is agree to disagree, except about me being fat, and Franko being a douche. Surely we can all agree with that, right?

So. What's the next dramafest on the horizon?

Hint taken, stepping back.

Drama? Dunno, Murdoch seems quite popular atm. I imagine there are plenty of more heads set to roll in the fallout to that.

If it were your way you might have a point, but it isn't. You type in ill, you'll get I'll by default.

Pay attention.

What I find amazing is the length you're prepared to be an apologist for him.

ill or i'll - big deal. Stop deflecting. What are you a politician? A simple spelling mistake is a simple spelling mistake. Stop making things up. Your argument is flawed anyway. He wouldn't ever use something as classy as an iphone ;)

As for being an apologist. No i am not. I just like putting people straight when they are talking shit.

Oh.. btw, don't let me stop anyone from bitching about Amiga.org, Franko, and that whole situation if you have anything that you need to really get off your chest. All I guess I'm trying to ask is that none of you "go there" (as in start word-slapping each other) which wouldn't be any better than it is "over there".

I've said all I'm ever going to say on the matter, I've already been quoted numerous times and from what I can see the general consensus is that none of the recent departures will be missed, so it's all probably for the best.

Just catching up on my moobunny reading before I go to bed. As expected, Franko went apey again. I'm seriously and in all honesty wondering if the boy has run out of meds or something.

Perhaps I should be a bit easier on him. After all, it seems that he believes I'm both a visionary, and a genius (and a man!). Perhaps a lard-ass visionary and genius of a man, but I'll accept the compliment all the same.

(Quoted from Moobunny which someone was nice enough to quote from my own AO Blog -- I apparently never saw this message until just now. Since someone posted it to the bunny, I wanted to save it here for posterity before he goes back and either alters it, or has his new moderator delete it altogether.)

------
Quote Franko.. http://amiga.org/forums/blog.php?b=127

I've never been quite sure where the appropriate place was to post this but here seems as good a place as any.

I would just like to thank you for being the man who started and conceived this wonderful site called Amiga.org.

Due to my own silly stubbornness and not willing to embrace the internet until this summer when I finally gave in and had a go at it, I realize now just what I've missed for all the years this fantastic site had to offer.

In my short time here I can honestly say that I've not had so much fun in many a long year in interacting with the Amiga community. I know you no longer run the site for personal reasons but would just like to say thank you very much for bringing this great site to all Amiga users and giving us a place to debate, argue and most importantly have a laugh and share our dreams and memories for the greatest computer ever invented.

I notice you still keep an eye on your flock and it's kind of reassuring that the father of Amiga.org still watches over with obvious interest the Amiga community.

Thank you sir, you are a obviously a visionary and a genius and a man who had a dream that he made come true...

Cheers...

Franko
Posted 11-28-2010 at 06:47 AM by Franko

Yeah, but that was before he got to know you :p

Francis is the new he who shall not be named.

@Kesa
It's the consistency which makes me suspicious. I agree a one-off would be no evidence at all. Realistically though, I couldn't care less.

@Wayne
I've stopped reading a.o (and have never even visited Moobunny AFAIK, except when links are posted). This is purely because I'm sick of hearing about or from Franko. Fortunately I couldn't care less, since his opinion is utterly inconsequential.

Back