God leaves the Christian Right

while i found that very funny, isn't the whole christ thingy, kind of the story of rape and the mother being forced to keep the baby?

while i found that very funny, isn't the whole christ thingy, kind of the story of rape and the mother being forced to keep the baby?
It wasn't forced - it's just that the mother had no choice - and nor did her husband. But who among us wouldn't be delighted to let God make our virgin wives pregnant before we had a chance to?

God is all knowable. So he created the universe knowing well that he'd lie to Adam and Eve and the devil in the form of the snake would tell the truth. As a result Adam and Eve would ignore God. God would try to wipe out humanity in a flood but it really wouldn't matter because the left overs wouldn't be all that better than the first tribes. So then he'd have to select an early teen girl to come down and bump uglies with so he could make himself. Then as himself on earth he'd hang out for 30 years. Finally he'd give up his physical form on earth, travel hell for 3 days, but in the end be exactly back to where he started. (no harm no foul.) So in a sense it wasn't rape because Mary from Time-Zero was planned to have the willingness to get it on with a diety. She simply couldn't say no. In a short it's a weird form of incest where the father made the mother so he could become his own son.

God is all knowable. So he created the universe knowing well that he'd lie to Adam and Eve and the devil in the form of the snake would tell the truth. As a result Adam and Eve would ignore God. God would try to wipe out humanity in a flood but it really wouldn't matter because the left overs wouldn't be all that better than the first tribes. So then he'd have to select an early teen girl to come down and bump uglies with so he could make himself. Then as himself on earth he'd hang out for 30 years. Finally he'd give up his physical form on earth, travel hell for 3 days, but in the end be exactly back to where he started. (no harm no foul.) So in a sense it wasn't rape because Mary from Time-Zero was planned to have the willingness to get it on with a diety. She simply couldn't say no. In a short it's a weird form of incest where the father made the mother so he could become his own son.

ooh... icky

yes.

although, the angel apparently just INFORMED Mary that - Blamo! - she was suddenly preggers. No violent insertion needed.

of course, republicans and catholics apparently seem to think that there is no emotional trauma connected to Suddenly being pregnant. Which is bullshit, of course.

but, heck! if god did it, it must be okily dokily, right? :rolleyes:

kinda like ur boss hittin on you and sayin well, you can always say no... see where that gets ya... i dunno.. god is a sycophant... no matter how you slice him/her/it...

yes.

although, the angel apparently just INFORMED Mary that - Blamo! - she was suddenly preggers. No violent insertion needed.

of course, republicans and catholics apparently seem to think that there is no emotional trauma connected to Suddenly being pregnant. Which is bullshit, of course.

but, heck! if god did it, it must be okily dokily, right? :rolleyes:

I thought you lefties said there was no such thing as Jesus/Mary, so how was it that Mary was raped if she didn't exist?

I thought you lefties said there was no such thing as Jesus/Mary, so how was it that Mary was raped if she didn't exist?
She exists in literature, the same way that Kilgore Trout and Winston Niles Roomford exist - or if you prefer less obscure literary characters try Odysseus and Jane Eyre. It makes perfect sense to talk about the hows and whys and moral implications of Jesus/Joseph/Mary/YHWH in the same way it does to talk about the character, lessons and meaning of Scrooge/Crachit/Tiny Tim.

in addition to what fluffy said,
  1. I'm not a "lefty", whatever the hell that is. technically, I may be right-handed with a tendency toward ambidexterity.
  2. I don't know if jesus or mary existed. I've no proof one way or the other.
  3. What I DO claim is that there's no proof that a 'jesus' - if he did exist - is a 'god'

Back