Funny Pics '16

Status
Not open for further replies.
12065985_1197352280281442_4874341482734002017_n.jpg

I had to look up who Kim Davis is/was.

I had to look up who Kim Davis is/was.
LOL, she's ONLY useful as a joke.

frankly, the "media" has to stop talking about this moron. That gif, however, is hysterical

12548860_971206906259875_9147168833346212528_n.jpg

Oh, SNAP! bitch got owned (as the kids say)

Reactions: adz
Oh, SNAP! bitch got owned (as the kids say)
One has to disagree. Trump's a self-made multi-billionaire (regardless of how he got there).. We (The American Public) more than likely paid for Queen Obama's dress. Very distinct difference.

One has to disagree. Trump's a self-made multi-billionaire (regardless of how he got there).. We (The American Public) more than likely paid for Queen Obama's dress. Very distinct difference.
trump was born into money and has gone into bankruptcy several times already. There's nothing impressive about him and his stupid $$$$

Mrs Obama looks way better in any dress than trump would. And no one ever bitched about the other first ladies. Well, some people "complained" about Mrs Kennedy, but I suspect that was a bit of jealously because she was pure class also. In any case worrying about what a First Lady wears is ridiculous. She is not elected. And often, a designer donates a dress so his/her work is showcased.
We have way more important things to care about.

And, by the way, I NEVER liked it when some people insulted Barbara Bush as being "TOO OLD". That's disrespectful. A First Lady and the children are NOT elected - people need to back off making comments about them.

trump was born into money and has gone into bankruptcy several times already. There's nothing impressive about him and his stupid $$$$
Lemme tell you something that I've learned first hand... Outside of the stigma placed by everyone else, there is absolutely nothing wrong with bankruptcy... After the economy went to shit a few years ago, I started playing the "ever-moving-contractor game" where I'd take temp jobs no matter where they were in the hopes of getting picked up permanently. Then, I ended up permanent in DC, 750 miles from the doorstep of the house I owned in Huntsville..

Try as I might, I had no money for upkeep, the house payments were killing me, I couldn't rent it because it needed repairs (that I could have done if I were home) and in the State of Alabama, if you simply surrender a house, you are stuck paying the remainder between the short sale and the owed value. In my particular case, I'd end up owing over 40,000 USD on a house I'd no longer owe.

I had no problems paying my other bills, but I was in a situation where 3/4 of one paycheck went to pay for my rent here in DC, 3/4 of the other paycheck went to upkeep the house that I hadn't physically laid eyes on in 3 years.

After talking to several people and trying desperately to work with the mortgage company, filing a bankruptcy was my only realistic option... It's been difficult, and even though my bankruptcy is now discharged (took me 14 months to pay it back), I'm in a much, much better place financially than I was in 2014 when the decision was made.

So... My point being, any stigma you have towards bankruptcy is simply your own problem, and it's because (I'm presuming) you've never been in that situation..

I also believe that if you check, you might find (not sure) that Donald Trump himself never filed bankruptcy. The companies he created did. He followed the rules as set out by the US Government and there's absolutely zero wrong with that... Your sour grapes toward Trump aside, this is a case of "Don't hate the player, hate the game."

And no one ever bitched about the other first ladies.
The other Presidents and first ladies didn't usually rack up $10,000,000+ per year in vacations during an economic collapse. A modern day Marie Antoinette... "Let them eat cake..."

And often, a designer donates a dress so his/her work is showcased.
You're absolutely right, but this is about appearances. You cannot pretend to represent the people (and that's all they're doing) when you're spocking 10 million a year in luxury vacations and wearing $2000 dresses.

We have way more important things to care about.
That is true

And, by the way, I NEVER liked it when some people insulted Barbara Bush as being "TOO OLD". That's disrespectful. A First Lady and the children are NOT elected - people need to back off making comments about them.
Kind of a non-sequitur, but ok.. I would agree about the children because they have no choice in the matter, but the First Lady is very much a part of getting elected, from the public appearances to the campaign stump. First Ladies, even Queen Obama, are fair game. Always have been.

Wayne

there is absolutely nothing wrong with bankruptcy...

True for almost everyone.
However, if a large part of your public image is manufactured around the idea that you are some sort of business genius, going bankrupt even once would raise an eyebrow.
If it happens several times, then that public image starts looking a lot more like a bucket of moldy old pish and foosty kippers.

True for almost everyone.
However, if a large part of your public image is manufactured around the idea that you are some sort of business genius, going bankrupt even once would raise an eyebrow.
If it happens several times, then that public image starts looking a lot more like a bucket of moldy old pish and foosty kippers.
If you say so. Keeping in mind however that Trump probably owns (or owns a majority interest in) dozens if not hundreds of companies. Some will be wildly successful. Some won't, but I having been in the same boat (where bankruptcy is concerned), I can never fault the man for playing by the rules established by someone else.

To do otherwise intimates that he somehow bent, or broke the rules, or somehow acted less than honorably. He didn't. Public appearance being what it is, I accept though that most of the people who don't know how to play by the rules simply won't understand...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back