From Windows 7 to Windows 10 and back to Windows 7

Speelgoedmannetje

Marquis de Bon Vie
Reaction score
I got just back to Windows 7.

It felt like an upgrade:
Programs actually close again after being crashed and you tell the os to kill them.
Not having to boot twice as somehow the computer stops at first.
No more continuous hard drive activity.
Devices (some from Microsoft itself!) work properly.
Some (perhaps imagined) privacy is a plus too.

I know new software can have glitches, and I have patiently waited for some patches.
Not a single issue has been solved the past 3 months. For a humongous company like Microsoft, that is just a major fail.
The fact these issues happened to be extremely common (if not just on every configuration) was the straw for me to move back to Windows 7. (and no, Linux as primary OS doesn't do it for me either as there are way too few games on it).

Windows 10 sucks so hard it competes head on with Windows ME, perhaps overtaking it on the privacy issue.

Windows 10 sucks so hard it competes head on with Windows ME, perhaps overtaking it on the privacy issue.
I'd agree, and that's why I semi-jokingly referred to taking my dad a Mac Mini as "removing the Windows 10 spyware/virus from his machine"... :)

Wayne

Hehehe
Sadly though, I don't think Apple is too keen to protect our privacy either.
I know everything digital is nowadays infested with spyware and apparently that's a legal thing to do nowadays.
That was not my main concern, I mean, everyone can have my bank account data! I have nothing to hide!

I'm still playing with the thought of completely rewriting a whole OS. Linux feels so much promising but in my experience there are too many buts.
If there are no more rogue updates and more games available on Linux, I certainly will go back to it, as for working, I didn't miss Windows at all.
For now, it's an OS for the things I cannot do on Windows (which is a lot).

as I never play games (solitaire doesn't realty count) I find linux to be working great for me....I really DO need to update the kernel, however......being lazy :)

Back