Florida's Gov states they won't comply with law.

No Obamacare
unfortunately for Floridians the result is
More Federal control

Good for my Governor! He doesn't have to do squat until 2014. I can only hope more Governors do the same. As said, I hope he and the FL legislature opt out of expanding Medicaid because after the first two years, State of Florida is on the hook for an ever increasing payments to fund it.

Florida should be on the hook for ever increasing payments. Unless you can do something to stem the tide of retirees that move into Florida this makes perfect sense.

Florida should be on the hook for ever increasing payments. Unless you can do something to stem the tide of retirees that move into Florida this makes perfect sense.

Except they are already on Medicare and not on Medicaid (minus those in nursing homes of course). If they are already on Medicaid, it's unlikely they are going to have the money to move to Florida. Besides, if there are any significant issues, that is when Obamacare Death Panels will pick up the slack. Now I will admit, there is a factor that has to be considered, Obamacare pulls out $50B out of Medicare budget each year. How that is going to play and with Dr.s getting out of the medical field, it's questionable just how bad things will get down here.

As of right now, it looks like for me that I will be paying taxes for Obamacare and still be without coverage. People don't realize the truth is that there are going to be more people without healthcare then before Obamacare as those like me left out and those people who's company is going to dump their private health care insurance and pay the $2K tax which is cheaper then what they are paying for the existing private health care insurance. Good luck finding any reasonable Dr who takes Medicaid or a quack who takes medicaid that has an opening in the next several months.

No Obamacare
unfortunately for Floridians the result is
More Federal control
not a surprise. I expect many States in the south to opt out. and that's a good thing because it will dramatically show how the States With it will be better off than those without.

Does Universal Coverage Improve Health? The Massachusetts Experience
In 2006, Massachusetts passed health care reform legislation designed to achieve nearly universal coverage through a combination of insurance market reforms, mandates, and subsidies that later served as the model for national health care reform. Using individual-level data from the Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance System, we provide evidence that health care reform in Massachusetts led to better overall self-assessed health. An assortment of robustness checks and placebo tests support a causal interpretation of the results. We also document improvements in several determinants of overall health, including physical health, mental health, functional limitations, joint disorders, body mass index, and moderate physical activity. The health effects were strongest among women, minorities, near-elderly adults, and those with incomes low enough to qualify for the law’s subsidies. Finally, we use the reform to instrument for health insurance and estimate a sizeable impact of coverage on health. The effects on coverage were strongest for men, non-black minorities, young adults, and those who qualified for the subsidies, while the effects of coverage were strongest for women, blacks, the near-elderly, and middle-to-upper income individuals.

Turns out Romneycare has something Obamacare does not - it covers abortions and illegals. Oops Republicans your own healthcare plan supports ideas you preach about? Would you like butter on both sides of your toast this morning sir?

Turns out Romneycare has something Obamacare does not - it covers abortions and illegals. Oops Republicans your own healthcare plan supports ideas you preach about? Would you like butter on both sides of your toast this morning sir?
hahahahahahahahahaha

btw, something nice does happen in FL every once in a while:

http://news.discovery.com/earth/condo-clouds-explained-120208.html#mkcpgn=emnws1

condoclouds_jrhott2012.jpg

Back