Everything you know about Columbine...

The reality is, there's really not much to learn from this. People who do this do it for their own reasons. School shootings will continue so long as they are feasible.

Glaucus said:
The reality is, there's really not much to learn from this. People who do this do it for their own reasons. School shootings will continue so long as they are feasible.

I hate to agree, but I mostly do. The only thing schools and parents can do is pay close attention to warning signs. I had a friend in high school that got arrested and expelled for bringing a handgun to school, back in the late 80's. He was constantly bullied and claimed he really just wanted to scare the bullies. In reality he had some serious issues; in 1994 he put a gun in his mouth and pulled the trigger.

I think that is the type of person who goes on shooting sprees. The schools ignored the bullying, the parents were borderline abusive so no one cared what was happening in his head.

FluffyMcDeath said:

Thanks for the link Fluffy. Don't know how I missed this topic originally. Nice to see that the press finally takes a serious look and not a "ratings" look.

Regards,
Ltstanfo

Back