Elon Musk watch (was Elon Muskrat watch)

I remember when I was a kid growing up an old saying was if you could just get a $1 from everyone in the world you would be very rich.

@cecilia

It’s interesting you say that. I’ve invested in Tesla since 2012 and I wouldn’t change it for the world. It’s helped me and my families life resource wise. But I’ve always been a strong believer in Electric cars. I started my interest in electric cars in the early 2000’s and bought my first EV in 2013, not a Tesla. People are free to get whatever car they want of course but if the world does not transition to electric vehicles soon it will become too hot and all humans will die.

Meanwhile from Twitter’s new location on Mars, whoops I mean X, please forgive me for my wrong pronunciation.

Attachments

• IMG_0065.jpeg
    IMG_0065.jpeg
    484.3 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
@cecilia

It’s interesting you say that. I’ve invested in Tesla since 2012 and I wouldn’t change it for the world. It’s helped me and my families life resource wise. But I’ve always been a strong believer in Electric cars. I started my interest in electric cars in the early 2000’s and bought my first EV in 2013, not a Tesla. People are free to get whatever car they want of course but if the world does not transition to electric vehicles soon it will become too hot and all humans will die.
I have no problem with investing in Tesla. 10 years ago or so, if I had had any money for investing I would have invested in Tesla. I have wished for an electric car for DECADES. right now I can't afford any car. But if I ever can I will ONLY get an EV or at least an alt energy car. I have solar panels on my house and it would be perfect to just charge at the house. Congratulations on getting an EV

My comment was about the nonsense elon is doing over at twitter - thinking he can make it into a "bank".

I heard X will become the biggest bank in the world. X marks the spot I guess.

Last edited:
I refuse to indulge that idiot by using the "x" letter.

it's twitter, period.

{bleep} him and his stupid x
and his stupid bank

LOL! I won’t miss traditional bank fun, Chime is great for now, but I will check what X has to offer FinTech wise in the future. If it’s good I’ll try it, if it’s bad I’ll avoid it. Block(Square) is also great to use in some situations.

Indeed, for once a threat that has been followed through on. It'll be interesting to see how this one pans out.
I think more businesses should support this suit. Trying to threaten advertisers to pull advertising based on what may merely be rumour mungering but even if it wasn't trying to starve a service provider based on who they DON'T discriminate against is anti open society and ultimately bad for everyone. If you want to boycott something that's your choice but trying to shut up other people because you don't agree is a bit fash.

OTOH we don't see much in the way of attacks against Raytheon and pzifer and other serial offending arms and pharma companies.

I think more businesses should support this suit.
Perhaps, if it has legal merit. I'm not in a position to say one way or the other but the fact it was filed in Texas implies a lack of confidence there IMO.
Aside from that, even if he wins, Musk seems to be doing his best to drive advertisers away all on his own. Whether that's by design or because he's the world's most intelligent idiot, remains to be seen.

How do you mean?
I'm still assuming that was a joke, so this isn't meant as a serious retort but it seems as good a pivot as any to highlight the most recent example of Musk "doing his best to drive advertisers away," together with Musk himself acknowledging one of his previous examples.

In an interview yesterday (video) Musk said he regretted one of his alleged anti-Semitic Tweets that supposedly kicked off the latest advertiser exodus:
"I should in retrospect not have replied to that one person and should have written in greater length what I meant."
He also called it:
"one of the most foolish—if not the most foolish—thing I've done on the platform."
In the same interview Musk addressed advertisers:
"What this advertising boycott is going to do is it's going to kill the company, and the whole world will know that those advertisers killed the company and we will document it in great detail."
Again in the same interview, Musk also told advertisers:
"I hope they stop. Don't advertise,"

Host: "you don't want them to advertise?"

Musk: "No, if somebody is going to try to blackmail me with advertising, blackmail me with money? Go fúck yourself. Go fúck yourself. Is that clear? I hope it is. Hey, Bob*, if you're in the audience, that's how I feel."
*allegedly Disney chief executive Bob Iger

Effectively: "Some advertisers stopped advertising due to me acting like an arsehole, but it's their fault if that causes Twitter to die, not mine, so they can go fúck themselves."

This whole Musk/Twitter fiasco has been fascinating to watch and it continues to unfold. Even after all this time, I still can't make my up mind on whether he's deliberately tanking the company or he's just hopelessly out of touch with what he amusingly refers to as "Earth".
"And let's see how Earth responds to that."
Indeed, Mr. Musk, indeed.

Remember this?
This was his purportedly heartfelt reason for not allowing Alex Jones back on the platform.
Guess who he has allowed back on the platform?
And what a line up this is!
-edit- Allegedly Vivek even had a pish during the livestream. :oops:
GBAyh7-asAAxWrP

"No mercy."
:lol:
Musk has also taken to discrediting his much-vaunted community notes from under his own posts if they point out inconvenient truths.
He has become about as reliable as Trump when it comes to believing anything he says.

Last edited:
Back