Do you support the Death penalty?

Do you support the use of the Death Penalty?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Although I don't have a real moral issue with capital punishment (as I don't have much sympathy for murderers) I don't believe the state sets a good example by enforcing capital punishment. I've always said that good leaders lead by example. If the government doesn't want it's citizens killing each other, it shouldn't kill it's citizens - regardless of reason.

Justification isn't enough for capital punishment. I don't care how bad the crime was or how certain we are of the killer's guilt. People justify their actions based on many things, social norms being a major factor. If the government can put to death people who've done bad things, then why can't you? In a fit of rage, you may feel murder IS justifiable punishment. The message the government should send out is that killing people is never justifiable, and drive this home by setting the example.

- Mike

Although I don't have a real moral issue with capital punishment (as I don't have much sympathy for murderers) I don't believe the state sets a good example by enforcing capital punishment. I've always said that good leaders lead by example. If the government doesn't want it's citizens killing each other, it shouldn't kill it's citizens - regardless of reason.

Justification isn't enough for capital punishment. I don't care how bad the crime was or how certain we are of the killer's guilt. People justify their actions based on many things, social norms being a major factor. If the government can put to death people who've done bad things, then why can't you? In a fit of rage, you may feel murder IS justifiable punishment. The message the government should send out is that killing people is never justifiable, and drive this home by setting the example.

- Mike

Here's an idea. Turn the fate of a convicted killer over to the victim's parents or spouse to decide. Eye for an eye and all that.

Wayne

Here's an idea. Turn the fate of a convicted killer over to the victim's parents or spouse to decide. Eye for an eye and all that.

Wayne

Wayne

Wayne

Wayne

Wayne

Wayne said:
Why not just build a coliseum and have all the murderers fight each other to the death?

- Mike

Wayne said:
Why not just build a coliseum and have all the murderers fight each other to the death?

- Mike

Wayne said:

- Mike

Wayne said:

- Mike

Wayne said:

- Mike

Wayne said:

- Mike

Glaucus said:
Wayne said:

- Mike

Well? We ARE seeing the fall of the "new Roman Empire", so that would be fitting.

Wayne

Glaucus said:
Wayne said:

- Mike

Well? We ARE seeing the fall of the "new Roman Empire", so that would be fitting.

Wayne

Glaucus said:
Wayne said:

- Mike

Wayne

Glaucus said:
Wayne said:

- Mike

Wayne

Glaucus said:
Wayne said:

- Mike

Wayne

Glaucus said:
Wayne said:

- Mike

Wayne

Back