Do you support the Death penalty?

Do you support the use of the Death Penalty?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Wayne

Administrator
Reaction score
I find myself curious this morning. How many of you support the use of capital punishment (the death penalty)?

As for myself, if someone takes another person's life, and as long as that person is proven guilty beyond a shadow of doubt, I have no problem with it.

Wayne

I find myself curious this morning. How many of you support the use of capital punishment (the death penalty)?

As for myself, if someone takes another person's life, and as long as that person is proven guilty beyond a shadow of doubt, I have no problem with it.

Wayne

Wayne

Wayne

Wayne

Wayne

I'm of the same thinking.

It saves the overcrowding of prisons and tax payers money so if they're proven to be 100% guilty then yeah, don't give them the prison life (which for some people is better than life outside), give them death.

It saves the overcrowding of prisons and tax payers money so if they're proven to be 100% guilty then yeah, don't give them the prison life (which for some people is better than life outside), give them death.

Wayne said:
How many of you support the use of capital punishment (the death penalty)?

If I can keep personal feelings out of it, I would never support it.

if someone takes another person's life, and as long as that person is proven guilty beyond a shadow of doubt, I have no problem with it.

Just like the system is supposed to be in your country just now?
Works a treat doesn't it?
Q. How many people have been wrongly executed?
A. We'll never know how many but you can bet your arse that some have.

Just look at those released on 11th hour appeals. All would have been murdered by your government if the didn't have decent legal representation.
That should never be allowed to happen but it does.

One person wrongly executed is good enough reason to abolish it for me.
Not that there aren't plenty of other reasons.

One which immediately springs to mind is this:
What gives one human being the right to end another human being's life?

Wayne said:

if someone takes another person's life, and as long as that person is proven guilty beyond a shadow of doubt, I have no problem with it.

Just look at those released on 11th hour appeals. All would have been murdered by your government if the didn't have decent legal representation.

Wayne said:

Wayne said:

Wayne said:

Wayne said:

@ Wilse
---------------

Heck Wilse, that one's easy. It's the right of self preservation.

What I would like to know is, what do the anti-death penalty folks think gives them the right to try to make the rest of us continual and permanent victims?

As for an innocent person being executed, it has probably happened. But on the other side of that equation, I don't know which is worse; an innocent person being executed, or as you would have it, an innocent person spending the rest of his life in prison.

That is what you are arguing isn't it? Otherwise your argument could only mean you think anti-death penalty states only convict guilty people, and the pro-death penalty states convict innocent people. Kind of a silly argument in my opinion.

But then we could turn into a copy of that truly fair system adopted in Europe where a guilty person is sentenced to life in prison, and life in prison in Europe can mean as little as nine years of incarceration. No thanks, I like our system where a life sentence means something!

@ Wilse
---------------

Heck Wilse, that one's easy. It's the right of self preservation.

What I would like to know is, what do the anti-death penalty folks think gives them the right to try to make the rest of us continual and permanent victims?

As for an innocent person being executed, it has probably happened. But on the other side of that equation, I don't know which is worse; an innocent person being executed, or as you would have it, an innocent person spending the rest of his life in prison.

That is what you are arguing isn't it? Otherwise your argument could only mean you think anti-death penalty states only convict guilty people, and the pro-death penalty states convict innocent people. Kind of a silly argument in my opinion.

But then we could turn into a copy of that truly fair system adopted in Europe where a guilty person is sentenced to life in prison, and life in prison in Europe can mean as little as nine years of incarceration. No thanks, I like our system where a life sentence means something!

Back