Death of free speech in the UK.

redrumloa

Reaction score
I'm moving this from the Globalism thread as for at least the moment, it is specifically a UK issue and some here would claim tying it to a bigger picture is a conspiracy theory.
“Count Dankula” Convicted for Hate Crime Over Teaching Pug Nazi Tricks

CountDankula.jpg

You have no right to be in a constant state of bliss, carrying about with nary a concern. You have no right to any kind of feeling, for that matter. You have no right to hear or see only that which you find pleasing. In short, you have no right to be a sensitive bitch baby. Yet the United Kingdom, a formerly great nation, convicted a man of a hate crime for daring to teach his girlfriend’s pug a trick. A trick some people found “offensive.” Pugs. Tricks. Let that sink in.

“Count Dankula” a YouTuber, wanted to annoy his girlfriend. And what’s more annoying than a Hitler loving anything? So he taught his girlfriend’s dog to respond to Nazi commands.

For which the real fascists, the UK’s authorities, will imprison him.

Count Dankula avoided prison at sentencing, but still was fined heavily.

This is not a one off mistake, this is a staggering precedent that I know Robert is not happy about probably neither is any UK resident with 2 working brain cells to rub together. I case you didn't watch the long Sargon video, here's a couple other points of concern. Amnesty International (!!!) applauded his conviction(thus my globalism ties), and more prosecutions are coming.

UK woman sentenced for posting rap lyrics on Instagram

Chelsea Russell, 19, from Liverpool posted the lyric from Snap Dogg's I'm Trippin' to pay tribute to a boy who died in a road crash, a court heard.

Russell argued it was not offensive, but was handed a community order.

Prosecutors said her sentence was increased from a fine to a community order "as it was a hate crime"

So now a white person who cuts and pastes rap lyrics will be charged with a hate crime. Wow. This slope is not just slippery, the UK has already slipped to the bottom. From what I gather from Youtube vloggers is that few to no politicians or celebrities are showing outrage. They mostly support the death of free speech. Here's one of the few I have found with balls to call out this garbage.

Not much I can do on this side of the pond to show my support against this tyranny, but I feel for you all!

Will the UK be going back through history to find people still alive like Mel Brooks to throw in jail?

Will the UK be going back through history to find people still alive like Mel Brooks to throw in jail?

I hope so, because Mel could defend himself - which is one reason why it probably won't happen.

English Defence League founder Tommy Robinson was arrested while filming outside grooming trial

The 35-year-old was at Leeds Crown Court on Friday morning and started a live feed on his Facebook page as a child grooming case continued.

Footage showed Mr Robinson being led to the back of a police van and he could be heard shouting to a friend: “Please, George, get me a solicitor, I’m on a suspended sentence, you see.”

The video, filmed on a smartphone, shows Mr Robinson – who was wearing a suit jacket – explain what is happening outside the court.

He said: “I’m being arrested for a breach of the peace. You’ve all watched this. Can you get me a solicitor?

A police officer told him: “Do I understand what I’ve just told you? You’ve been arrested on suspicion of causing a breach to the peace.”

Huh what? Was there supposed to be a link?

It's a Twitter thread of several (16) posts. Clicking on it should take you directly to the thread.

Good person or not, free speech should be free speech. He wasn't inciting anything when he was arrested.

Both points are addressed in the thread.

Oh.. my.. god...

Tommy Robinson Jailed for 13 Months

The restrictions were ridiculed online, as details of the case were easily available on social media and some U.S. outlets, with many prominent figures sharing details and the hashtag #FreeTommy trending on Twitter.

“What kind of police state have we become?” tweeted UK Independence Party (UKIP) leader and MEP Gerard Batten. Dutch MP Geert Wilders also spoke out on the platform, comparing the UK to Saudi Arabia.

Man currently on a suspended sentence is convicted of second offence after he "pleaded guilty to contempt of court" and consequently gaoled?
Oh.. my.. god...!

Well, there is a lot going on here, and some may be generalities related to the US. I honestly don't know.

But 13 months for Contempt of Court? That really does seem... Excessive? In the US, that is typically closer to 13 hours, just for the show of it, and a 3- to 5-digit fine, depending on severity of offense and means for the person to pay. Also, it ends up as the juror's responsibility to isolate themselves from outside information and opinions related to the case, not the reporters responsibility to withhold that information.

I'm assuming those are not typically the case for the UK?

Back