Colder winter or warmer? fear mongers -vs- old timer voodoo

redrumloa

Reaction score
http://news.yahoo.com/story//ap/2008082 ... s__almanac

People worried about the high cost of keeping warm this winter will draw little comfort from the Farmers' Almanac, which predicts below-average temperatures for most of the U.S.

"Numb's the word," says the 192-year-old publication, which claims an accuracy rate of 80 to 85 percent for its forecasts that are prepared two years in advance.

The almanac's 2009 edition, which goes on sale Tuesday, says at least two-thirds of the country can expect colder-than-average temperatures this winter, with only the Far West and Southeast in line for near-normal readings.

"This is going to be catastrophic for millions of people," said almanac editor Peter Geiger.

Oh yeah? but global warming?

The almanac is at odds with the National Weather Service, whose trends-based outlook calls for warmer than normal weather this winter over much of the country, including Alaska, said Ed O'Lenic, chief of the operations branch at NOAA's Climate Prediction Center.

Doh! I guess I'll go with old timer's voodoo, at least they are right 85% of the time. Get some winter coats, it'll be another cold one!

People worried about the high cost of keeping warm this winter will draw little comfort from the Farmers' Almanac, which predicts below-average temperatures for most of the U.S.

"Numb's the word," says the 192-year-old publication, which claims an accuracy rate of 80 to 85 percent for its forecasts that are prepared two years in advance.

The almanac's 2009 edition, which goes on sale Tuesday, says at least two-thirds of the country can expect colder-than-average temperatures this winter, with only the Far West and Southeast in line for near-normal readings.

"This is going to be catastrophic for millions of people," said almanac editor Peter Geiger.

The almanac is at odds with the National Weather Service, whose trends-based outlook calls for warmer than normal weather this winter over much of the country, including Alaska, said Ed O'Lenic, chief of the operations branch at NOAA's Climate Prediction Center.

Doh! I guess I'll go with old timer's voodoo, at least they are right 85% of the time. Get some winter coats, it'll be another cold one!

Re: Colder winter or warmer? fear mongers -vs- old timer voo

redrumloa said:

Nah, climate change is all a big conspiracy, remember?

redrumloa said:

redrumloa said:

redrumloa said:

redrumloa said:

redrumloa said:

Robert said:

I'm glad you were taking notes in class :lol:

Robert said:

Robert said:

Robert said:

Robert said:

Robert said:

redrumloa said:
Robert said:

Indeed and I'll still be taking notes when the "OK, Iraq had nothing to do with 9/11" type penny (as it pertains to climate change) drops. ;-)

........and that penny will eventually drop.

redrumloa said:
Robert said:

Indeed and I'll still be taking notes when the "OK, Iraq had nothing to do with 9/11" type penny (as it pertains to climate change) drops. ;-)

........and that penny will eventually drop.

Back