Bernie breaks contribution record

the people are already voting

I can't see past Clinton at this stage.
Having said that, I don't think I've cared less about the outcome of a US election since Dubya.

scare tactics will not make me give up
It's not so much about scare tactics as it is about reality. The unfortunate reality is that it's nearly impossible at this point to avoid the reign of President, erm, I mean Her Royal Majesty, Queen Benghazi...

scare tactics will not make me give up
It's just normal politics. It's how the republic and the party system works to protect itself from the will of the people. If voting could change anything, it would be illegal, as the saying goes.
But it's also a call to action. People have to find out who those super-delegates are and get them to change their minds. While going back on a pledge may seem dishonourable, I don't think that's a problem people need worry about with politicians - people (American people though, not Canadians or Brits - we have our own governments to worry about - reminds me I have a letter or two to write).
So, anyway, here they are. Get busy.

It's not so much about scare tactics as it is about reality. The unfortunate reality is that it's nearly impossible at this point to avoid the reign of President, erm, I mean Her Royal Majesty, Queen Benghazi...

I'm afraid this is how I see it as well. If it's between Clinton and Trump, she wins by default.
On top of this, whilst I have liked most of what I've heard Sanders say, I also liked a lot of what Obama said before he won. Look how that turned out.

I'm afraid this is how I see it as well. If it's between Clinton and Trump, she wins by default.
On top of this, whilst I have liked most of what I've heard Sanders say, I also liked a lot of what Obama said before he won. Look how that turned out.
If it's between Hillary and Trump then it'll be Trump. The Dems and Repubs that always go to the polls to vote for Dems and Repubs will vote as usual. However, IMO Hillary turns off many swingable Dems who may just decide to sit out (unless they fear the Donald more) however, Trump can bring out people who don't generally vote and Repubs are more likely to stick with party, I think. Dems would have a better chance going with Bernie who is also a populist but of a different stripe.

As for the Repubs, what I imagine they will do as it gets closer to the showdown is have the no-chance candidates drop out and throw their support to Bush to try to generate a sense of momentum. Hopefully that will fail. Having a Bush/Clinton race at the end of the day will mean voting for no-change. A Sanders/Trump race will mean lots of talking about issues that don't get press coverage and THAT's a much better outcome for America regardless of which of those guys would win. It would also, by definition, be the most dangerous to the incumbent powers because it would engage the public.

If it's between Hillary and Trump then it'll be Trump.

I'd be surprised if that were the case.
Having said that, I'm not sure that I'd be arsed either way; both repulse me.

I'd be surprised if that were the case.
Having said that, I'm not sure that I'd be arsed either way; both repulse me.
Over the long haul? The more the media bang on about what's wrong with Trump, the more people like him. To keep Hillary looking positive the media has to say less and less about her. At some point Trump will be telling it and the media will be forced to continue ridiculing what he says, but I think it will start to stick. Donald's big advantage is he isn't running as one of the "Good Guys" but Hillary seems to be looking for that spot - but she has too much baggage to claim that high ground. People can ignore it pretty hard but if she takes the nomination there's still a long road. Bernie would be a better candidate. He attracts the young liberals that the party needs. Hillary has the "woman" thing and that's about it - and she isn't going to make Republican women switch just on those grounds.

I've always refused to "play" politics. That's why I've always been an independent.

Cecilia said
"I've always refused to "play" politics. That's why I've always been an independent."
--------------------

Cecilia, are you saying that you voted for someone else other than Obama after telling us how great he was?

Do you think the people on this site have poor memory?

Where is that wayback machine when you need it?

Back