A British Storm? Hardly anything to write home abo... Oh..

the_leander

Reaction score
Just a bit of wind, surely?

LOmAlxe.jpg

Porthleven, Cornwall

3WVK0YC.jpg

Sennen Cove in Cornwall

Of course, it wasn't just Cornwall that copped it, Dawlish in Devon had a bit of trouble as well...

To be clear, that stretch of track is one I've traveled on many times going down to Plymouth, in calmer weather it is the signal that you're on the home stretch and it is truly magnificent to see. I hope that they repair it rather than re-route it as I've heard some suggestions of the latter.

The footage of the railway line dangling above the tempest was pretty dramatic.

The Somerset Levels seem to have been having a particularly rough time of it:
floods-flight.jpg

That video must have your ID embedded in it as I get ads for guns when I watch it. I never get ads for guns.

They still make Soda Streams? Last time I saw one of those I'm fairly certain I couldn't legally buy alcohol!

Sent from my M532 using Tapatalk

They still make Soda Streams?

I have two sodastreams as well as two of another type I'm trying out because they use standardized co2 refillable a (unlike the sodastream)

Scribbled furiously on my iPad using Tapatalk HD. I reserve the right to blame all mistakes, whether spelling, grammar, or logic on Siri..

I definitely feel gypped. I could at least get a Scarlett Johansson gun ad!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Just a comparison, the video where the tracks had been washed away got me thinking a lot about the journey home (huh, don't get homesick often tbh).

So I just dug up this vid showing what it usually looks like as you pass Teignmouth and Dawlish. This is about 45-50 minutes by train from Plymouth.

Am I the only one on the planet that really doesn't find Scarlett to be "all that"? I mean yeah, ok. Great body.. check, talent? Check... but... She's just not what I would consider to be drop-dead gorgeous or anything...

Back