6% of scientists are Republican.

because Democrats scientists get those honorary "borrowed lab coat" degrees

4/3 r^2 ??

because Democrats scientists get those honorary "borrowed lab coat" degrees

4/3 r^2 ??

If you can't tell how tounge in cheek that video is on that score then I'm not surprised you have problems with subtlety and complexity. That guy is making fun of the lab coats, googles and whiteboard that you are making fun of too. I thought it was weird and lame the first time you tried to make a point of it (I just assumed you were wasted at the time or hadn't bothered to watch it). Now that you've posted it twice I really have to wonder if you spend much of your time awake at all. Did you even forget that you had already posted this before?

If you can't tell how tounge in cheek that video is on that score then I'm not surprised you have problems with subtlety and complexity. That guy is making fun of the lab coats, googles and whiteboard that you are making fun of too. I thought it was weird and lame the first time you tried to make a point of it (I just assumed you were wasted at the time or hadn't bothered to watch it). Now that you've posted it twice I really have to wonder if you spend much of your time awake at all. Did you even forget that you had already posted this before?

The video is not a satire, they're serious, they're democratic idiots wearing lab coats standing in front of a erase board with random formulas

So why are Canadians going to pump rocks through the Keystone pipeline??
Usually only the oil is pumped through a pipeline???

Why are democrats impressed by scientists with 'borrowed lab coat" degrees??
democrats are also impressed by doctors with "borrowed scrub coat" degrees

The video is not a satire, they're serious, they're democratic idiots wearing lab coats standing in front of a erase board with random formulas

That statement is a little alarming.
Hilariously funny but alarming, nonetheless.

Can't quite remember who I'm paraphrasing here (perhaps Bill Hicks) but the above reminded me of the following observation:
"They say America gets the president it deserves. Eventually we'll go the whole hog and elect a complete, f*cking moron."

That statement is a little alarming.
Hilariously funny but alarming, nonetheless.

“A Whole Lot of People for Grijalva"

As a long-standing member of the Congressional Hispanic Caucus — where he chairs the Education Task Force —

Can't quite remember who I'm paraphrasing here (perhaps Bill Hicks) but the above reminded me of the following observation:
"They say America gets the president it deserves. Eventually we'll go the whole hog and elect a complete, f*cking moron."

Rep Hank Johnston D-GA

Idiocracy!

Rep Hank Johnston D-GA

Good grief! That is one of the funniest displays of political stupidity I've ever seen. Respect to the patience of the interviewee.

OK, I take it back and apologise; if that's the level of idiocy you're accustomed to from politicians, I suppose you can perhaps be forgiven for thinking the other clip is entirely serious too.

if that's the level of idiocy you're accustomed to from politicians, I suppose you can perhaps be forgiven for thinking the other clip is entirely serious too.

You can't really be that devoid of understanding nuance.

You can't really be that devoid of understanding nuance.

Rep Raul Grijalva facebook page

I just put out a new video about why I oppose the Keystone XL pipeline and why I'm asking everyone to sign my petition for President Obama to reject it. You can watch the video, sign the petition and learn more at the link. We should be building a cleaner, better economy that doesn't needlessly pollute. Keystone XL is just a boondoggle for a few well-connected people.

Alright - it's obviously necessary for me to explain this to you. The video is a hockey and the "experiment" is contrived and he's ill informed about the nature of the material in the pipes (if it was solid and sank when it left the pipe it would be a lot less harmful than it is), but the one thing that they specifically made fun of in this video was that they were dressed up in lab coats (and goggles) standing in front of a dry erase board of equations and that that was not a thing that gave them authority to speak on science.

That is the thing that you seem to pick up on too which makes me think that you either post stuff without watching it or that you just have no clue whatsoever about what you are seeing. Hilarious that you are the one posting "idiocracy" clips. You are probably one of those people with a mind good for maths and rules and details and that is why you are an engineer, but you are not necessarily good at figuring out which things are humour and which bits are not - as exemplified by your apparent confusion in this case. That is not a put down, there are many different kinds of minds with different strengths and weaknesses but it wouldn't hurt to work on your weaknesses a little.

You could have criticized the things they were serious about and left the stuff they were joking about aside (provided that you could tell the difference) but what you ended up doing was shooting at the wrong target.

the one thing that they specifically made fun of in this video was that they were dressed up in lab coats (and goggles) standing in front of a dry erase board of equations and that that was not a thing that gave them authority to speak on science.

Psychologically the whole video is a contrived "appeal to authority" infomercial, hence the pseudo University setting, the white lab coats, assistant, goggles, white erase board, random 'Pinky and the Brain' formulas on board

Grijalva then preforms a his "experiment" of dropping some "tar sands" (pea gravel??) into a flask of water, to show gravel sinks!! except there is NO oil contamination of the water!

Grijalva then removes his "scientist lab coat" and tells you (the viewer) to preform the "experiment" too, and duplicate his "results" just like a "real scientist" so you the viewer can determine the Keystone pipeline is a bad idea for yourself

any "humor" on his part is totally unintentional

the removing the lab coat is not about humor, but about selling the idea to the typical low information "reality based" "rational" progressive viewer, that they are qualified "lab coat scientists" too, because they can duplicate that experiment too!

In advertising this sales technique is known as "verisimilitude" the appearance of truth

E=mc^2

Psychologically the whole video is a contrived "appeal to authority" infomercial, hence the pseudo University setting, the white lab coats, assistant, goggles, white erase board, random 'Pinky and the Brain' formulas on board

What's the very first line spoken in this video?
The phrase you picked on "borrowed labcoat" is the same phrase this guy uses repeatedly. He is making fun of the borrowed labcoat / people dressed as scientists type videos that you mention. He is actually self consciously mocking the pretend scientist genre. His "experiment" is pretty flimsy indeed and there is some unintentional humour, but no, that's not what you went after. You made a lot of noise about not getting the INTENTIONAL humour. That was what made you look like an idiot and it's OK that you don't understand that but it sure would help you to be a more convincing advocate of your position sometimes if you actually COULD see it. I'm probably wearing out my keyboard for nothing typing this because you either won't understand what I just said or you will try to squirm around it with another "pseudo smart" post that once again display just how much you don't get it.

What's the very first line spoken in this video?
The phrase you picked on "borrowed labcoat" is the same phrase this guy uses repeatedly.

The "borrowed lab coat" line could be interpreted as humor, only if his supposed "experiment" was actually relevant to the argument, however his "experiment" and the entire video is "full retard".

If that line is humor, then the entire video has to be interpreted as satire, but he is sending people to sign a petition to oppose the keystone pipeline based on this experiment, so he is serious, and you have to be total idiot to think otherwise.

He didn't just wear the lab coat, he had a whole the pseudo University setting to give some verisimilitude to his "experiment", you have to be pretty clueless not to see the pseudo scientific emotional appeal

Back