What the bleep just happened...

the_leander

Reaction score
... and this, ladies and gentlemen, is why friends don't let friends GIMP... :)

Haha! Seriously though. When I looked at both yours and my efforts in a simple image viewer, the transparency works as it should. I think something doesn't like transparent png files here (possibly it interferes with some of the transparencies in the theme?). Hence the workaround lol.

cecilia

Reaction score
wow, love the background image....and those cool extra thingies in the forum....nicely done

S

Simply Sara

Looks good to me as well. @the_leander - maybe we should create a thread to drop a line about our workday or whatnot - I was enjoying the occasional comment and reading those of others myself. :)

OMG just noticed another feature - if you type another user name in your reply, their avatar comes up - this is really cool (and shutting up now before I get totally geeky.)

FluffyMcDeath

Reaction score
Looks good to me as well. @the_leander - maybe we should create a thread to drop a line about our workday or whatnot - I was enjoying the occasional comment and reading those of others myself. :)

OMG just noticed another feature - if you type another user name in your reply, their avatar comes up - this is really cool (and shutting up now before I get totally geeky.)

Maybe Wayne can create a new forum for dropping a status update type comment into.

Argo

Medieval Warrior Geek
Reaction score
As are all the notable Amiga sites...
You started quite the trend back then.

Wayne

Administrator
Reaction score
As are all the notable Amiga sites...
You started quite the trend back then.
Holy shit. I stand corrected. They're still running vBulletin 3.8.4, which was before Xoops even existed...

S

Simply Sara

Maybe Wayne can create a new forum for dropping a status update type comment into.

I'd vote for that idea - idk what to call it, but something catchy. I'm sure Wayne will come up with something. He usually does.

Wayne

Administrator
Reaction score
I'd vote for that idea
No need to vote, it's already done. Look for the Chalk Board forum

The Chalk Board
Much like the chalkboard your mom writes "get milk" on at your house, here's a forum just for posting status updates... After all, what have you done for you lately?

Wayne

Administrator
Reaction score
AW I think is still on a heavily modified Xoops 1.5
For a moment, I did too, except that I checked AO and bottom right it clearly says vBulletin 3.8.4. I went to vBulletin.com, reclaimed my account and checked my orders. I ordered vBulletin3 in 2006. I sold that license with the site to Panagouleas.

To get to Xenforo, I would need to recreate the database (as it stands) here, then upgrade it to vBulletin 4 (which I may also have a license for) and then to Xenforo. Alternatively, there is a third-party Xenforo plugin entitled (appropriately enough) "Big Board Importer" that would make things MUCH, MUCH simpler. Problem is, said one-use plugin is $150... :(

So, theoretically, it's a bit harder than initially thought, but not impossible. Three options;
  1. The Long route -- clone table here, upgrade to 4, upgrade to Xenforo
  2. The Expensive route -- get the $150 addon
  3. The Donald Trump route

ilwrath

Reaction score
Heh... Well, surprising but good news for me, I guess. I was just stuck as a permanent lurker with the SocialEngine site. It didn't seem to want me to have a stand-alone account. Ever.

the_leander

Reaction score

It also notifies the person that you've been mentioned in a post @Simply Sara

JoBBo

Reaction score
Jobbo, I'm surprised -- but not -- to see you back so quickly..
Well, you did send an email notification. I am not sure I would have noticed the switch back otherwise.