What are you having for breakfast...

adz

ಠ_ಠ
Reaction score
As I sit here eating mine, I often wonder what other people conjure up to feast on at the start of their day...Today, like most days I'm having a home made cereal consisting of bran, rolled oats, puffed brown rice, LSA mix, sultanas and flaxseed with chopped banana and milk. I've also poured myslef a glass of apple juice and thrown in a shot of aloe vera juice.

The cereal I make in bulk, the measurements below will give you ~12 days worth:

5 cups of bran (All Bran) - to bolster my fibre intake
2 cups of rolled oats - good for your HDL levels
2 cups of puffed brown rice - makes for a nice filler
1 cup of LSA mix - good for general wellbeing
375g of sultanas - moar fibre
1 cup of flaxseed - great source of omega-3

I'm liking the sound of that. Except for the aloe vera juice. Do you need one septic cat lancing's worth or two?

i cant eat well very well... ive been eating fried bread and fried eggs sunny side up lately

I'm liking the sound of that. Except for the aloe vera juice. Do you need one septic cat lancing's worth or two?

Just the one :p Great strides have been made in the production of Aloe Vera juice, hardly has any taste these days ;)

Well, two whole wheat (organic) sandwiches with cheese, and I eat it while I'm hastily cycling to work.

I basically have two things for breakfast. Grapenuts + Vanilla Soymilk or Organic Steel Cut Oatmeal + Van. Soy milk. Then a couple hours later 1 Grapefruit

I basically have two things for breakfast. Grapenuts + Vanilla Soymilk or Organic Steel Cut Oatmeal + Van. Soy milk. Then a couple hours later 1 Grapefruit
Will you puh-leaze quit being such a democrat-stereotype? ;)

oatmeal with flax seed meal and spirulina powder sprinkled on
some fruit which includes a banana and sometimes apple, pear, orange or whatever is around
soy milk, cranberry juice and a tablespoon of yogurt

oatmeal with flax seed meal and spirulina powder sprinkled on
some fruit which includes a banana and sometimes apple, pear, orange or whatever is around
soy milk, cranberry juice and a tablespoon of yogurt

I tried flaxmeal but found it made my cereal too gluggy, hence the whole flaxseed.

I eat potato chips for breakfast - but I do it at lunchtime.

Will you puh-leaze quit being such a democrat-stereotype? ;)
My 3.5yr old daughter is on a Grapenuts kick. She wants it for breakfast and dinner daily. Sometimes she gets it too. My son is all about egg and bacon sandwiches.

damn... i love crap food... it is all better when you make it yourself.... healthfood... its what you make....

i tried flaxseed in some bread, cause it sounded nasty otherwise and it wasnt.. actually made a yumtastic baguette.... which will end up being excellent melba toast with cream cheese snackie..

Flaxseed are actually quite palatable on their own.

Well, two whole wheat (organic) sandwiches with cheese, and I eat it while I'm hastily cycling to work.

What does the "organic" mean? I have never heard this before.

Anyway for me at the moment i am having cereal straight from the box. It says it's healthy so it must be right? Other than that i sometimes like an omelette with 2 extra large whole eggs and 4 extra large egg whites plus toppings like asparagus or maybe a little bacon mixed in.

I always have **** loads of coffee too. Coffee is black with no sugar.

What does the "organic" mean? I have never heard this before.
Organic as in the grain have not been treated with vegetation-protecting substances. And my bread is baken the old way, without 'bread-enhancers' which makes it fluffy and big.
Anyway for me at the moment i am having cereal straight from the box. It says it's healthy so it must be right?
You should be glad if it's not poison ;)
I always have **** loads of coffee too. Coffee is black with no sugar.
Of course it's silly to pour sugar and/or milk in your coffee. You don't pour sugar and milk in your beer as well, do you?

"Organic" is a term, that as a former chemist, I have real issues with. All covalently bonded carbon containing substances other than simple oxides are organic, whether they fell out of a cow's arse or were synthesised in a lab. Pesticides such as carbamates, whilst synthetic are still organic by any sensible (and more to the point, technically accepted) definition of the term, which could lead to stuff being sold as "organic" still being exposed to potentially harmful synthetic substances during their cultivation / production.

IMNSHO, those wanting to promote foods produced via traditional farming practises (which, incidentally, I'm entirely supportive of) should find another term that can't be conflated in this fashion.

"Organic" is a term, that as a former chemist, I have real issues with. All covalently bonded carbon containing substances other than simple oxides are organic, whether they fell out of a cow's arse or were synthesised in a lab. Pesticides such as carbamates, whilst synthetic are still organic by any sensible (and more to the point, technically accepted) definition of the term, which could lead to stuff being sold as "organic" still being exposed to potentially harmful synthetic substances during their cultivation / production.

IMNSHO, those wanting to promote foods produced via traditional farming practises (which, incidentally, I'm entirely supportive of) should find another term that can't be conflated in this fashion.
Yes yes yes yes you forget that English isn't my native language, it took me quite some effort to remember how you people call this.

Yes yes yes yes you forget that English isn't my native language, it took me quite some effort to remember how you people call this.
Alas my dear Eyso, no. It's the guys who coined the term "organic" that annoy me, not you :)

Alas my dear Eyso, no. It's the guys who coined the term "organic" that annoy me, not you :)
A few years ago I had a call from a Lawn Chemical (Care as they call it) company. They wanted to make my lawner greener than the neighbors by dosing it with chemicals. Lawn chemicals being a huge water pollutant I asked about this. They told me it's okay cuz they only use 'organic' chemicals. I asked what they were, the girl didn't know but she'd ask her boss. I said yes please have him call me. I'd like to know what covalently bonded carbon compounds are being used. Strangely no one called me back.

Back