We dare not call it a coup

FluffyMcDeath

Reaction score
This is a regime we have decided to call friend. The US never called it a coup because then they wouldn't be able to sell them weapons. Basically the western governments have no problem with this sort of behaviour from those we call friends.

metalman

Reaction score
So this wasn't a crime ?

original.jpg

the_leander

Reaction score
So this wasn't a crime ?

original.jpg

Normally I'd click like and move on, given the subject matter, you'll have to forgive me if I find that option somewhat distasteful.

Last edited:

metalman

Reaction score
An eight minute trial isn't even enough time to read out the names of the 600+ accussed nevermind hear the evidence.
the trial concluded back in March, they were found guilty then

the sentencing took 8 minutes

They were convicted on charges related to violent riots in the southern Egyptian city of Minya in August,
Sixteen people were acquitted at the hearing.
A case against another 683 defendants relates to the same riots.

Many had no legal representation in court because their defence lawyers boycotted the trial in protest

Glaucus

Reaction score
I'm sure Putin will fix things.

FluffyMcDeath

Reaction score
So this wasn't a crime ?

original.jpg
Looks like a crime, but whose crime was it? And was it a crime for the state to be killing Muslim Brotherhood protesters (the repression that directly sparked the riots) and was it OK for the army to take over the government and then deny the rights of the people to protest that? Always blaming the little people for how they respond to attack and never blame the powerful who attack them.