Throwing Down The Gauntlet

redrumloa

Reaction score
What are we doing here? Wayne started this site to "Question The Questionable. Always".

Maybe that was meant in general, but politics is where it ultimately ends up at. Any free speech site will end at politics. We've tolerated and usually respected each other, but are we still largely talking past each other?

Going back to the DMZ days, I probably bumped heads with Fluffy the most. In recent years he's made the most sense.

I think almost entirely at this point, the core of people here are good people that want the best for the world. Can we not talk past each other and discuss solutions?

People learn. People grow. People change. I know for myself, my level of "disposable" time on any given day is far less than it was when I was 25. Family, work, etc.

That being said, I'm not 100% clear what you mean by "talk past one another" in this example.

Wayne

I've been thinking about it all day, and I think I both understand the question, and can offer an explanation.

The small cadre of people on this site have pretty much been at it for almost 20 years now. We each have our own way of thinking about things and our own approach... We can pretty much guarantee with a decent degree of accuracy how each person here will respond.. I know that there are a couple of people that I could have a beer with, but could never discuss politics successfully.

The "looking past" each other is simply a familiarity issue.

That being said, I'm fairly certain that most of us here use the site now as a public gripe-board, myself included.

Not sure what else could be done to change it.

I probably could've worded this better. I'm seeing friends and acquaintances from all walks of life talk about how terrible things are right now, especially financially. My generation and older are established enough to ride it out. My kids generation and younger are most certainly having a rough go of it with seemingly no hope in sight.

The group here is indeed very small, but we're rarely at each other's throats any more. Part of that is as you say, we already know the other's opinions, but part of it I believe is us maturing and getting a better perspective with age. Back during Bush Jr's 1st term I would've argued on his behalf pretty strongly. That changed domestically by the 2nd term, but still largely defended his foreign policy. Now? In hindsight he was a uniparty war mongering stooge, good for nothing a**-hat. I'm guessing some on the other side no longer see Slick Willy was some really cool sax playing dude and Hillary as a roll model for women. We're agreeing on more than we've ever, admittedly not everything.

After the last 4 years I have a hard time not becoming black-pilled. Things I've banged the drum on have largely started playing out in the open. What are the solutions? Are there any solutions or are we, meaning all of humanity, doomed to this UN/WEF vision for the future, possibly even within the lifetime of our members here?

After the last 4 years I have a hard time not becoming black-pilled. Things I've banged the drum on have largely started playing out in the open. What are the solutions? Are there any solutions or are we, meaning all of humanity, doomed to this UN/WEF vision for the future, possibly even within the lifetime of our members here?

437898460_836653558332736_2398540673551485704_n.jpg

438841829_838115134853245_5964705344595919739_n.jpg

Back