The Global Warming Hoax Explained for Dummies

Ignorant slut? How convincing.

I guess you have never seen any Xtranormal videos? The people who make them usually include very colorful language. This video is actually quite mild compared to some of the other ones I have seen.

Hmm. Seems like another "I'm smarter than scientists" rant.

The Global Warming Hoax Explained for Dummies

If only it were anything of the sort.

12 minutes wasted.

for starters, the premise... that its a hoax... i know in my brain that nothing can properly fend off the poisons of the fossil fuel and a plethora of other industries... neither plankton nor people.... to convince me you need only soak in drum of oil for a week or your garage with engine running for two days... raising the planet temperature is going to do zero to help that.

What part specifically do you disagree with?
For a start - we know that water is the biggest green house gas, but carbon dioxide is also one and anything that raises the temperature raises the amount of water vapour. Anything you do to CO2 gets amplified. The actual sound energy a singer puts into his mic at a concert is minuscule but the sound that comes out of the speakers is huge. Small things get amplified.

The other thing is that the amount of CO2 we put into the air is still quite a large fraction of the natural CO2 put into the air. A few percent change is not negligible. There are considerable CO2 sinks in the world as well and when the world is in equilibrium then the sources match the sinks. When we start adding even a small amount of CO2 more into the atmosphere the cumulative difference in atmospheric levels is not so insignificant because we are moving the equilibrium.

While CO2 is good for plants, increases in temperature are bad for plants - many react to temperature stress by shutting down respiration to conserve water, which means that as things heat up past a certain point many kinds of plants will stop taking up CO2 (including many food crops).

We cannot control the sun, we cannot control cosmic rays, we cannot control volcanoes. The only levers we have to control this are throwing particulates into the upper atmosphere to reflect incoming sunlight, or cutting down on CO2 production - much of which is wasteful anyway.

Back