So who's got their Apple Watch ordered?

Wayne

Administrator
Reaction score
I'm sitting here out of boredom watching the Apple Watch shipping times slip from "2 weeks" at 5am to now "6 to 8 weeks" at 10am. Just wondering "why"?

I'm a devout Apple fan boy but even I don't "get it". Who wants a watch that's $600 but has to be recharged pretty much every single day (or more)?

Anyone here ordered theirs yet?

Wayne

I'm a devout Apple fan boy but even I don't "get it". Who wants a watch that's $600 but has to be recharged pretty much every single day (or more)?

Anyone here ordered theirs yet?

Nope.
I am perhaps one of the few people who might actually find a use for such a thing but it would be worth closer $60 of my money than $600.

Oh, and I'm a bit of a fanboy too, insofar as I have been a loyal customer for their laptops and audio software for over a decade.
But I also recognise them for the money-grabbing, competition-stomping, share-your-data-with-the-NSA scummy bastards that they are.

In fact, if anyone else made such a convenient to use and beautifully built combination of hardware and software, I'd stop using the bastards altogether.

I'd be ordering one but not with an 18 hour battery

About 3 weeks ago I got a $200 Microsoft Band. I figured I should try one of these things out. I find it useful to have Text and Email on my wrist. If someone wants/cares I'll do a more full review. Unlike the Apple Watch it works with not only IOS but Android and Windows Phone / Win10 as well.

And who wants the $10K all gold version?!

I've been wearing a Pebble for 2 years now. I get the utility of a smartwatch, so I might have been interested... My pebble gets recharged once a week., so I just kickstarted the pebble time steel instead...

I've been wearing a Pebble for 2 years now. I get the utility of a smartwatch, so I might have been interested... My pebble gets recharged once a week., so I just kickstarted the pebble time steel instead...
I hadn't heard of the Pebble. Now I want one. I'm not sure whether I should thank you or not! :/

Back