Site should be back...

Wayne

Administrator
Reaction score
Apparently some neerdowells got into the site's FTP and planted some phishing code. Either that, or they came in via the incredibly outdated software version.

I've changed all the passwords (you should too), but if it's the latter, the only way to stop it would be to upgrade the software and I'm not sure whether or not it's worth the hassle or the expense at this point.

I'll be glad to upgrade the site if there's any response supporting doing so. Please chime in.

Well, my thoughts echo Fluffy's in his thread.
http://whyzzat.com/threads/thank-you-thank-you-thank-you-wayne.28647/

I know how life interferes. And I didn't realize exactly how much real-life work you have going on right now until I looked you up on LinkedIn. I was going to drop you a note there to make sure you were ok, if you didn't manage to deliver a message to us here soon.

In a weird way, for me, this site has ties back to when I first started on the web. I got files and news from cucug, and when they stopped updating as frequently, I moved over to Amiga.org, and when I finally gave up on that, I found my way here. It seems somewhat inevitable that the site would need to close eventually... It's basically impossible to grow a forum this day in age. Yet, I found myself oddly unable to bid farewell when it looked like it may be the case.

I don't know what scope of time and money would be involved for an update, but if it is reasonable, I'd support it.

I'd appreciate the site staying around. I can't visit it from my work computer out of paranoia with the warnings. But this site has certainly been a place of enjoyment over the years. It usually sways political, but rarely gets too nasty. Mostly it is old school friends from the AO days.

Back